Menu

The bacon kerfuffle

Pegasus

Person A to Person D : I'm cooking breakfast for A, B, and C. Would you like me to cook enough for you?

Person D : No, thanks. I'm not hungry.

Person A cooks just enough for A, B, and C since no one likes breakfast leftovers.

After food is cooked and pan is washed, Person D takes a slice of bacon and eats it.

Kerfuffle.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

Person A to Person D : I'm cooking breakfast for A, B, and C. Would you like me to cook enough for you?

Person D : No, thanks. I'm not hungry.

Person A cooks just enough for A, B, and C since no one likes breakfast leftovers.

After food is cooked and pan is washed, Person D takes a slice of bacon and eats it.

Kerfuffle.

I think Bacon Denial followed by Bacon Snatching can get a bit of leeway.

Bacon is something you might tell yourself you are NOT going to eat but once it is cooked and sitting there...It is too easy to snatch it...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

haha, I can completely see that happening in our house. Dh and I now know to inform everyone that one of the things being made is bacon. That way the not hungry person can decide if they want bacon or not, because really we all know if they like bacon they will want it whether they want anything else or not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand the OP. I mean, I do, but I don't. The part I don't understand is this: are there really people who wouldn't eat bacon leftovers? I can't understand why leftover bacon is a problem.

As for the rest, I try to never believe anyone who normally eats bacon if they say they don't want any when it's being cooked.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Valley Girl said:

I always assume anybody not wanting bacon will change his mind when said bacon is on the table. There are rarely leftovers. If there are, they're happily eaten later, so no problem with leftovers in this house.

Yeah, this happened NYE.  I'd made bacon and we actually had leftovers.  I think because we were busy preparing for the party.   Cold bacon was eaten during the party by the guests.  I hadn't even meant to leave it out.  

I rarely make bacon.

But when I do, there is a dispensation I apply for non breakfast people.  I cook under the impression "They just don't know they want it yet."  THis is the most loving and least kerfluffle producing position to take on this matter.   

Edited by Doodlebug
  • Like 2