Menu

Finally!!

My oldest has dyslexia and took a lot of time to become fluent.  Youngest has been the same, so we've been slooooowly and consistently moving forward. A few weeks ago he had a "click" moment and he picked up his sisters Warriors book and started reading it.  He still needs a little help with some of the words, but he's been telling me back what is happening and he's loving it!  Only trouble is , with his excitement, he has very little follow through on books now.  He keeps picking up every book he finds and reading a few pages and then switching.  lol  Santa brought him the first book in the Hank series (which has dyslexia font, which I didn't realize when I ordered) and he's reading that now. It is just so encouraging and heart-warming to see him so excited. He's put in a lot of hard work and really needed this break through. 

• Like 6

Fantastic, that is great!

That happened with one of my students lately.  He would struggle with sentences, especially transposing vowels from one word to another, it was the strangest thing.  Then suddenly, he was reading full sentences without a hesitation. I was thinking, when did this happen?!  I really need to record students at the beginning, to show their growth.  It is pretty exciting!

• Like 1