Menu

And now her watch is done

stephanier.1765

I knew a few weeks ago that Daisy needed to be put down but my dh wanted to wait until after the holidays. She couldn't wait that long. This morning she wasn't able to walk so my son's girlfriend and I took her to the emergency vet since mine was closed to have her put to sleep. I've never done anything so hard. I was practically sobbing like a baby. For 17 years she has been my constant companion. She wasn't the friendliest dog or the smartest but boy, she was the loyalest. She never strayed far from me. She slept with me. She sat with me for more hours than I can count in this chair. It feels like I've cut off a limb.

Daisy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 44

Oh, how I wish this were about a wrist watch like I thought when I saw the title. I thought maybe you'd gotten a watch engraved for a Christmas gift, but, alas, no.

I'm so sorry for your loss. We had to put down my "heart dog" when I gave birth to my youngest. I was in the hospital. Never got to see her again. Youngest is nearly 20 yo, and I'm not over it yet. I can't bury another one, so we've not gotten another dog. 

I'm so, so sorry. 😪

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Oh I'm so sorry.  What a sweet girl!

I said goodbye to my 13 year old gal almost 2 years ago.  Her faithfulness... I still tear up thinking about it.  She got me through some miscarriages and my single healthy pregnancy.  We had to put her to sleep, and while it was tremendously hard, I knew when it was time.  A family member who's a vet told me that's how it would be... that I'd know.  I did.  And it was hard.  

Big hugs to you!

• Sad 2