A TV stand

A dresser

A large toddler tool bench toy

Another trash bag of clothes

A wall clock

A set of prints for the kitchen wall

A set of prints for a child's bedroom or bathroom

• Like 8

Sold three large shopping bags of books to McKay's used book store.  

Got a nice, big store credit! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

Sold three large shopping bags of books to McKay's used book store.  

Got a nice, big store credit! 

NICE!  Useful credit for new books to love!

I’m still not doing a ton of purging, but as our renovation is progressing I’m feeling really happy with the amount of stuff we moved in with and like the kid toys are mostly under control.  That’s a new feeling for me, they’ve been a struggle every birthday and Christmas for years!

• Like 4

This isn’t an actual *complaint*, but I do need to put down a mini-vent! 

Dh is going through a lot of difficult family stuff. Though he’s been on board with all of the decluttering, he’s recently had the chance to salvage some things from his childhood home, which is a whole emotional thing for him in the midst of insanity.  So now we have MORE STUFF!!! And mostly stuff that we’d be just fine without.

I’m not about to stop him right now, because I think it’s really helping him.  But OMG. It’s definitely stressing me out!

On 4/21/2019 at 7:35 AM, Carrie12345 said:

This isn’t an actual *complaint*, but I do need to put down a mini-vent! 

Dh is going through a lot of difficult family stuff. Though he’s been on board with all of the decluttering, he’s recently had the chance to salvage some things from his childhood home, which is a whole emotional thing for him in the midst of insanity.  So now we have MORE STUFF!!! And mostly stuff that we’d be just fine without.

I’m not about to stop him right now, because I think it’s really helping him.  But OMG. It’s definitely stressing me out!

(((Hugs))) 

I took 3 smallish boxes of books to a sale. Came back with 1.  Didn't make much money but got rid of some stuff.

Maybe this beautiful weather will put me in the spring cleaning mood.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Baseball mom said:

Maybe this beautiful weather will put me in the spring cleaning mood.

This!

I was planning to do the ahed later this week until dh announced that he's working from home because of the NFL draft (The event is actually happening here, a few blocks from his work, and the traffic will be insane!)

I need to be able to "disappear" things without him noticing!! Also I need to check the county drop off sites for paint and other dangerous/flammable items before I start. 

• Like 1

I need to join in! At least for a bit...

Our packers come in 3 weeks. We have signed a lease on our new place, halfway across the country, but we've never seen it. Reports on the square footage at the new place vary -- the owner says 2000 sq ft, but zillow and trulia and other sites like that list between 1200 and 1500. I think the owner is counting basement space that is livable but technically isn't supposed to be included.

Anyhoooo, the point is that any of those numbers are a LOT less than what we currently have. I'm trying to prepare for the possibility of 1200, and that means that I need to downsize a lot. I want us to enjoy living there, and if we feel crowded and cramped at every turn, we won't. 

We've already eliminated nearly one full room of furniture (we're still undecided about the dining room hutch). I'd gone through the kitchen really carefully a few months ago; I'm pretty confident that everything in there is stuff that works, get used and is liked. However, I'm not sure that's going to be enough.

In fact, a lot of the rest of the house is like that. We're at a point where I don't see any "low-lying fruit." But obviously lots of stuff still needs to go. I think? Maybe we're just spread out because we can be? 

Dh says to take what we have and deal with it there, but I'm scared of being overwhelmed and discouraged on that end. I guess I'd rather be overwhelmed and discouraged on this end? LOL!

Anyway, I need to get re-energized. I'm going to go right now and look through youngest dd's closet for outgrown winter clothing. Deep breath. Baby step.