Menu

General Chemistry with Apologia lab?

After a nine-year gap between AP-level chemistry for Great Girl and for Middle Girl, I need help with high school chemistry. We (okay, dh) plan to use the Whitten/ Davis textbook General Chemistry, following the schedule of a nearby university for Chem 101 & 102, and were wondering if the Apologia Advanced Chemistry lab kit would mesh with it. Or some other kit?

I am not a science person. I'm pretty sure I remember that with Great Girl, we started using the Apologia because it had tests and labs, which she liked, but she and dh were frustrated by how creationist it was and the need to frequently amend the text, and so dh did gap-filling with Whitten/Davis. So this time we want to start with that, and use the Preliminary Tests in the Study Guide together with end-of-chapter questions for assessment ... but then we still need labs, and we still have the Apologia lab stuff sitting around. Does this plan seem feasible? Input appreciated.