Menu

Well I’m old...

fairfarmhand

One of the things I want to do as part of my New Years resolutions is to empty my underwear drawer, get rid of all the grungy undies and ones that don’t fit well. All the bras, slips, etc. that are too old and tattered need to go. And replace everything with nice comfy well fitting items.

i told my 17 yo dd this...

and she said “oh... you’re old.” 

And she’s right. But, pathetically, I’m really excited about this. 

But, hey. This is easier than losing weight!

• Like 12
  • Haha 10

I hear ya.  In addition to good quality undies, this has been the year of pajamas for me.  I used to just wear to bed whatever clothes had gotten too ratty to wear out of the house, but all this year, I have been buying assorted pajamas, figuring out what I like and is the most comfortable.  For Christmas, most of my presents were pajamas.  It's lovely.  I'm old and I like it.

• Like 3

I think that's an awesome goal!

Funny story: I have a dh who loves -- uh, tea -- clothes. He buys them on sale, but geez many don't fit. So I often send these pretty, super small things to my friend in Nashville.

I keep telling him: don't buy me -- uh -- the kind with a string. I don't like those at all.

Okay, the story isn't that funny.

I lost a couple of pounds so some of it fits finally.

Back to you: I love your idea!

Alley

• Haha 2

I got rid of my ratty grannie panties a couple of years ago. Ok, I kept a few, but mostly got new ones. I went to Lane Bryant (because I'm plus sized) and they had awesome undies for about $5 a pair. (I know--FTL is about $1 a pair, but these are nicer.)

I got lots of cute silkies and some "special" ones. I had to do some trial and error pair, though--some of the silkier ones caused some slippage with my pants! lol There was one memorable time in West VA while I was walking on the sidewalk with dd to her viola audition at WVU...I HAD to pull them up or they would have totally fallen off...hahhaha

So be careful. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am cheap, frugal, etc. so I tend to wear my stuff until it wears out, wear worn out stuff to bed (single so no one cares), etc.  There is something nice though about having a nice pair of PJs, lounge wear, undies, etc.  I am slowly replacing some stuff with stuff a bit nicer.

16 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

One of the things I want to do as part of my New Years resolutions is to empty my underwear drawer, get rid of all the grungy undies and ones that don’t fit well. All the bras, slips, etc. that are too old and tattered need to go. And replace everything with nice comfy well fitting items.

i told my 17 yo dd this...

and she said “oh... you’re old.” 

And she’s right. But, pathetically, I’m really excited about this. 

But, hey. This is easier than losing weight!

I like the way you think. 

6 hours ago, perkybunch said:

I hear ya.  In addition to good quality undies, this has been the year of pajamas for me.  I used to just wear to bed whatever clothes had gotten too ratty to wear out of the house, but all this year, I have been buying assorted pajamas, figuring out what I like and is the most comfortable.  For Christmas, most of my presents were pajamas.  It's lovely.  I'm old and I like it.

Yes!  I bought myself nice new pajamas this Christmas and paid full price because they were the ones I wanted.  Usually I limit myself to the clearance racks, but not this time 😉  It felt good. 

Philosophical question:

why do we let ourselves get here? I mean, why is it so hard to get rid of the old undies and purchase new ones. Am I the only one who folds her laundry thinking “well these are not that bad...”

i wonder if Kate Middleton has a layer of “sort of had it” undergarments in her lingerie drawer? 

For me it’s mostly that I hate shppping, struggle to find the right size, and despise spending so much money on things only I will see. 

4 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

So here’s another question:

do ladies undies exist that are both cute/pretty and comfy? I work outside all day on and off and I really need items that *ahem* stay put. 

Typically I stick to Hanes and fruit of the loom because I don’t want to be tugging all day long. 

I have some of the microfiber briefs (notice briefs....I AM old) that come in pretty colors, are comfortable and stay where they belong.

10 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

So here’s another question:

do ladies undies exist that are both cute/pretty and comfy? I work outside all day on and off and I really need items that *ahem* stay put. 

Typically I stick to Hanes and fruit of the loom because I don’t want to be tugging all day long. 

I've found that Jockey underwear are comfy and do stay put  - and much longer lasting than the Hanes or FofL. Cute is subjective. 

• Like 2