Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Howdy from Hawaii. 

I didn't get a chance to post the last couple days.  I was up all night Christmas Eve working and doing "continuing professional education" to meet my year-end deadlines, then wrapping gifts.  Christmas morning was nice, then we packed and took 3 flights to get to Honolulu.

Wednesday I worked until afternoon - the kids went swimming.  Then we all went for a walk and to a luau thing.  Finally late night I got to do personal stuff on my computer.  Though I should be sleeping!

Thursday:

• Sleep.
  • Work.  I still have a few year-end things I need to do - hope it isn't too much drama.
  • We have some loose plans to drive somewhere on this island and "sightsee" ... then I think we stay in another hotel Thursday night ....
  • Like 8

DH and I sat down last night and came up with a plan for today.  I need his help, so it needed to be discussed (we need to attach the trailer to the SUV and I hate driving it with the trailer on, so he will do it.)

• old door, two dressers, two large living room chairs, a bookshelf, older vacuum, and some unused building materials to Habitat
  • two pieces of furniture (sewing cabinet and some office furniture) to the storage unit.  Oh, and we are taking some metal shelving to storage.  It will make the basement storage area look bigger and allow us to stack stuff on that side of the storage unit.
  • possibly a run to the dump to get rid of some old carpet, some old PVC piping, and a couple old broken pieces of furniture 

And more packing, packing, packing.  All 3 boys have been told to pack up the excess in their rooms today.  I will do the same in my room, and I plan to pack up some of the office today.

Whew!  I am tired just looking at it, but I think with all 5 of us working it won't be so bad.  I am hoping.  And it will depend on Aspie's mood......it may be just the 4 of us.....sigh.

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 8

Good morning!  

-coffee
-laundry DONE: 3
-relax
-cleaning people come at 2
-pick up order from Nordstrom
-make hair appointment for DS17
-cancel my hair appointment
-relax some more

ETA:
-make doggie day care appointment for tomorrow (have a house showing and we will be at Busch Gardens all day)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Good morning!

Boy is it nasty here this morning - pouring rain and howling winds. My jeans got totally soaked through during chores, and also my feet - because I was dumb enough to wear my old, comfy chore boots that have holes in them.

Not much going on here today, just relaxing and enjoying having everyone home. School doesn't start back up for my boys until January 21, so they'll be here for a few more weeks (yay!). 

• a little bit of office work (start boxing up 2018 paperwork)
  • have dh go to the bank and post office while he's in town
  • barn chores - stalls are going to need a really good cleaning today
  • menu plan & shopping list
  • several loads of laundry
  • have ds20 straighten up the garage (he is rebuilding the engine of his project car and there are parts and tools scattered everywhere)
  • vacuum main floor and steps
  • relax and read
  • dinner: lasagna
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 6

Good morning! I have been to the airport and back to drop off dd1. She is not thrilled to be headed back for winter training, and we are not thrilled that she is gone. ds2 leaves in one week (his college has a January term) and I am not sure when ds1 will leave. But once dd1 leaves, sigh, it feels like Christmas is really over. Dh went to the office today- so at least I will be able to get the house sorted my way.

• coffee/paper
  • clean kitchen
  • recycling out
  • general pickup and organization
  • ds3 to gym- maybe
  • dd2 to pt appointment to discuss rehab plan
  • general relaxation/reading
  • dh is making a curry for dinner, I think

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Good morning!

An at home day today. Enjoying being leisurely, unscheduled, and random in our activities. On my second cup of coffee now.

To do:

Retire the advent wreath and reset the table with new linens and candles.  

Help Dd clean out and reorganize her room.  

Work on school shelves? Dh is working at home, which makes this tricky. But I don't really want to put it off til next week, either. 

Order a book for ds, for school. 

Write TY notes.

Get a movie for tonight?

Library?

Ds has neighbor friends coming over to play in the afternoon.  

Dinner is shrimp scampi, with veggie "noodles" for me and dh.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 7

Morning, all!  It's cooler today, and I'm determined to enjoy it and pretend it's winter.

kitchen is done, coffee is in progress

To do:

load up books, start making the run to new house.  Traffic was ridiculous yesterday (over an hour to get back) so I was only able to make 3 runs.  

place Amazon order

take late afternoon off for reading...

dinner?  no idea, but we've had pizza and lasagna in the past week, so not Italian!  But I do love it...

• Like 7

Good morning!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, if you celebrate it.  We are back from traveling to see family and had a wonderful time. My MIL did start in on some political issues a couple of times, but I tried to keep it civil, kind, and make her realize that love and compassion will always guide my thoughts in it all. 

Ds' girlfriend is here from Colorado for about a week, and she's here for the day. 

To Do:

• meal planning and grocery list
  • grocery shopping
  • laundry
  • unpacking from trip and Christmas presents
  • play some games
  • watch Victoria, Downton Abbey, and Corner Gas (my current watch list on Amazon Prime)
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, DawnM said:

DH and I sat down last night and came up with a plan for today.  I need his help, so it needed to be discussed (we need to attach the trailer to the SUV and I hate driving it with the trailer on, so he will do it.)

• old door, two dressers, two large living room chairs, a bookshelf, older vacuum, and some unused building materials to Habitat
  • two pieces of furniture (sewing cabinet and some office furniture) to the storage unit.  Oh, and we are taking some metal shelving to storage.  It will make the basement storage area look bigger and allow us to stack stuff on that side of the storage unit.
  • possibly a run to the dump to get rid of some old carpet, some old PVC piping, and a couple old broken pieces of furniture 

And more packing, packing, packing.  All 3 boys have been told to pack up the excess in their rooms today.  I will do the same in my room, and I plan to pack up some of the office today.

Whew!  I am tired just looking at it, but I think with all 5 of us working it won't be so bad.  I am hoping.  And it will depend on Aspie's mood......it may be just the 4 of us.....sigh.

Ok, a bit of a revision on today's chores.  DH is fixing an outdoor pipe that runs to our septic/well, and it is supposed to start raining tonight and rain through the weekend, SO, he is doing that and we will not take the stuff to Habitat.

Revised:

• Pack up half the kitchen- DONE!
  • Pack up 2 boxes from my bedroom- DONE!
  • Organize and clean up designated parts of the basement- half done
  • Pack up half the office- DONE!
  • Take a load to storage-DONE!
  • Have boys pack up their bedrooms- half done
  • Get everything ready to go to Habitat so it is easier when we can do it- DONE!
  • Dishes- DONE!

That is really all I have in me.....but I will consider more if I get some energy.

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 6

Texting my nephew resulted in not only his address but a sweet picture of my greatnephew.  :wub:

My life is like a big ball of tangled string.  I go to do one thing and realize that I can't unless I do something else first but before that I need to ___________. . .    Where is the start of the $^&(# string?!!

I can't do laundry because I shoved everything that was on the dining room table (aka my desk) in the laundry basket.  The first thing I fished out of there were paperwork that needed to be filed.  I couldn't file them because the file box is overflowing because it is the end of the year.  So I spent 45 minutes shredding to make room. . .   taking a quick break and back to emptying that stupid laundry basket.

Oh and I found out that I forgot to run the dishwasher yesterday so I finished filling it and it is now running. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Morning Meds
  • PT eval appointment
  • Get book from Church
  • Laundry - almost done- need to take out of dryer
  • return library book  (not done- drove to base and had to turn around in BK lot because I realized I had no book in car)
  • They Shall Not Grow Old
  • ADT setup
  • furniture problems
  • hotel reservation
  • cruise discussion
  • make dinner
  • watch Isle of Dogs (again) or Man in the High Castle
Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 5

Horses are fed and stalls are clean. This wet, mucky weather stinks. Bring on the polar vortex!

Among the many reasons that I love having ds20 home, horse chores are just a breeze when he's here. He can lift or pull loads that are so much heavier than what dd and I can handle, so the work just flies by. I might not let him go back to college...😉

• Like 4

Emptied the laundry basket:

All the phonics materials (which were in the basket) are now filed in their new storage drawers.  Phonics material making materials are in a drawer as well. 

All banking paperwork is filed.  I still have to file medical and utility paperwork.  Will do that after a short break

Addresses are updated.  Oh except for one which I just remembered.  Will do that too after the break. 

• Like 4

OK everything came to a grinding halt.  My productivity is crashing into pain.  But before I retire to my armchair for some Netflix therapy, I really really need to finish the jobs I had started.  I have eaten lunch in an attempt to restore some energy.  Didn't work so now I'm going to bully myself into doing one task at a time. 

First thing:  send card to nephew now that I have his address. 

• Sad 4

card addressed.  New address put in address book.

finished filing financial stuff.

matched up medical to insurance EOBs.  Filed what needed to be filed.

Frustrated because I still need to finish up folding and putting away laundry and when I went to do that, I discovered that dh had come home and is sleeping in there.  Not that I'm blaming him but now I can't put away laundry. 

• Like 3

Cleaning, culling, and reorganizing Dd's room took 4 hours! She had ferocious dust DRAGONS, not meek dust bunnies! 

2 large bags to thrift, 3 to consignment, 1 to trash,  2 to recycling. Now, we can actually think about redecorating her room! 

Huge T-storm here right now. Thunder is shaking the windows! So weird for January.

Next up:

Order a book. Check the price pf a blanket. 

Shower  

Library? Not sure I want to drive until the storm lets up.  

Dinner prep  

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4