Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
angelaguptathomas

Dry Shampoo?

It helps me stretch washes another day or two and yes, that means color fades slower (old after hair washing also helps with that).

I use Batiste brand and like it a lot.  

Yes. My favorite is Not Your Mothers. They have multiple types. My favorite is the volumizing. Use after drying your hair after a wash and then every morning until you wash again to get the most oil absorption. 

Runner up for me has been Suave. Most disliked has been Big Sexy Hair dry shampoo. It makes long hair almost impossible to brush out- it’s like hair spray. 

Yep. I've had great results with Suave, and my friend swears by Batiste. The only con for me is that if I use it too many days in a row, it dries out my scalp and makes it itch, but that's if I try to go, like, four days. 😂

Stay far, far away from the Dove dry shampoo. It's horrible. It makes me look like a British solicitor yet somehow my hair is still oily and gross. 

• Haha 2

A sulphate free shampoo will keep the color in longer. I found one for $5 at the dollar store: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair.  It doesn’t suds up very well, but it also won’t strip the color. 

My son is the one with dyed blue hair, and he uses dry shampoo every other day.  We didn’t know about the sulphate free shampoo until he’d already had the color for a couple of weeks, so he was using the dry shampoo to extend the life of the color.  He still uses the dry shampoo even with the sulphate free shampoo.

We use the Walmart brand.  I’ve used a few other brands (Suave and Not Your Mother’s), but I’m happy enough with the Walmart one and it’s cheap.  You have to rub it in a lot, or you’ll have white on your hair.

Oh—this is critical for me:. I have to put in the dry shampoo the night before. If I wait until the morning, my hair is already greasy and the dry shampoo does almost nothing for it.  My hair is very fine and gets greasy easily.  If I put the dry shampoo in the night before, I don’t get any grease.  If I put it in after the grease is already there, it stays greasy.  This might not be the case for people with thicker hair.  But when you have so little fine hair, any bit of grease is very obvious.  

Edited by Garga