Menu

Who’s going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

• Put towels in guest room
  • Meds
  • Coumadin Appointment
  • potentially go to local furniture store before next appt. (Dh apparently bought his own books that were in my Amazon cart and then also cancelled the big present because he says he uses wish list not as actual wish list but actually as a holding area) So now I look for TV stand, end table, coffee table, wing chair, any furniture we were planning to buy Joy of Joy- no need to go to multiple stores- found what I wanted online and turns out no local stores stock it so I ordered it and will get Mission style TV stand and coffee table (We have Southwestern style in Family room since that is where we display art items from the Southwest
  • Doctor appt  this went super well too- I love having a great concierge doctor 
  • take car to Subaru dealer since had an awful sound and problem braking today- really should not be the discs because that kind of thing only happens when the brake pad is almost completely worn down and i faithfully take it in every three months and they check brakes each time so it is probably a rock from going down the other street from my street where they are constructing a new home and  a mess on the road
  • get loaner car  then food shopping, gift shopping, tablecloth shopping, etc
  • plan meals while waiting for appointments (didn't get done- and can't do really, so more shopping tomorrow)
  • wrap more presents
  • cook dinner- joy again, dh has offered to make dinner
  • I do not think I will be screaming.  Day going well so far

•  
Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 8

Good morning!  So here it is, December 21, and I haven't done one thing for Christmas.  No tree.  No gifts.  No decorations.  No planning/prep for Christmas dinner for 10.  Nope, nothing, nada.  DH comes home from his usual M-F business trip and he and I really need to sit down and do SOMETHING.  Our realtor told us to forgo a live tree and inside decorations, but it can't hurt to put some lights on the palm trees and bushes outside, right?

-coffee
-shower and ponder life
-go to school at 11:30 (dismissal time) to help the teacher I am working with re-arrange her classroom and set up new policies for January (stop at Chicken Salad Chick for lunch for us first)
-go to a store for two $20 gifts (1 for adult, 1 for kid) for Dirty Santa party tomorrow night
-go to Publix for the things I need to make pasta salad for tomorrow night's party
-come home and ponder life again

-make a list of what I need from Costco and Publix for Christmas dinner and the following week
-call and reschedule hair appointment
-dinner (Italian pork chops on the grill, except it is still pouring rain and now as windy as a tropical storm)
-talk to DH about our upcoming family cruise to Alaska and see what shore excursions to book and these will be Christmas presents
-look into getting hockey tickets for week after Christmas as this will be the last time the 4 of us will be living here in Tampa (this can be a Christmas present, too)
-talk to DH about the details of moving him and DS17 up to SC right after the new year

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 8

Good morning!
Ds is still in a good bit of pain, and as the swelling has gone down, we've realized there is a hard knot on one side. I'm going to call the dentist later. They are already closed for the holidays, so I hate to bother him too early. 

Today is dh's birthday, and he's working half a day. We will celebrate both that and our Christmas this evening. We leave for Ohio tomorrow to spend Christmas with dh's family. 

• meals
  • wrap presents 
  • laundry 
  • call dentist about ds
  • pack for trip
  • finish some food gifts for neighbors and give them out this afternoon
  • take cat food to neighbor who is feeding them
  • have our celebrations and open gifts
  • Like 7

Good morning!

Tonight I work at the hospital from 7:00 pm  to 7:00 am. This is my first shift of 3 in a row. I need to accomplish everything on the list in time to take a short nap this afternoon. 

Dishes

More laundry 

Write letter of recommendation for coworker 

Put together Secret Santa gift 

Bake cookies with kids

Make sure work bag is together 

Make work “lunch”

Check work email

I think that is everything. Whew!

• Like 7

Good morning!

• school w/dd 
  • finish up several things in the office
  • lots of laundry
  • tidy up main floor
  • make a menu plan and shopping list
  • give Christmas tree some water (forgot to do this last night)
  • cut dh's hair
  • errands - bank, post office, pick up food at vet
  • get groceries 
  • remember to pick up prescription
  • also remember to get a gift for our mail carrier
  • dinner: ??
  • relax tonight, watch hockey & maybe a movie
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 7

Pink and Green, I'd get a small pre-lit Christmas tree and just put a few ornaments on it, and hang some candy canes.  Decorate with your Christmas cards, Christmas story books, and a nativity set if you have one.  Set out a bowl or two of Christmas-wrapped candy.  An edible gingerbread house / cookies made by the kids.  If the kids have any stuffies with a Christmas theme, put them out.  And dress up some big stuffies in old Christmas PJs.  If the realtor complains about that, then bah humbug to her.  🙂

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, SKL said:

Pink and Green, I'd get a small pre-lit Christmas tree and just put a few ornaments on it, and hang some candy canes.  Decorate with your Christmas cards, Christmas story books, and a nativity set if you have one.  Set out a bowl or two of Christmas-wrapped candy.  An edible gingerbread house / cookies made by the kids.  If the kids have any stuffies with a Christmas theme, put them out.  And dress up some big stuffies in old Christmas PJs.  If the realtor complains about that, then bah humbug to her.  🙂

I agree! If I were looking for a home this time of year, I would want to see decorations (if the person celebrates it). I would probably spend more time wondering why there aren't any than paying enough attention to the house. LOL! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Hooray for the last day of school 2018!

• Woke up most unwillingly.
  • Kids half fed and off to the school bus.
  • Cleaned the kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.
  • Signed some Christmas cards.
  • Work discussion.
  • A little reading.
  • Caught up on emails, news, and social media.

To do:

• Mega work deadline.
  • Bills.
  • Figure out whether Kid 2 is coming to her sister's sports stuff with me, or to our work party with the aunties.
  • Kid 1 to basketball game.
  • Kid 1 to gymnastics performance.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 7

((Chris))

Margaret, you are amazing! 

Amy, I hope your son is better soon! I had dry socket over a holiday weekend when my wisdom teeth were removed and it was terrible. Have a great trip!

I REALLY don't want to go out today, but have no choice. 

Costco for beef tenderloin.

Other grocery shopping too.

Gas for my van. 

Wrapping paper!!

Ds to/from swimming. 

Downtown to hear the Gettys' concert tonight. Allison Krauss and Ricky Skaggs are singing too. Bonus for my bluegrass-loving kid. 

Dinner is leftovers. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ScoutTN said:

Downtown to hear the Gettys' concert tonight. Allison Krauss and Ricky Skaggs are singing too. Bonus for my bluegrass-loving kid. 

Oh, that sounds great! I love Alison Krauss and Union Station - and we've seen Ricky Skaggs perform and he was so good. Hope you have lots of fun! 

• Like 4

Good morning! I slept in a little, dd1 went to practice and then breakfast with dmil. ds3 is making muffins and other kids are asleep. ds1 is driving in today- he is supposed to coach tonight.

I have a few things to wrap, and a few more presents to get.

Scout, my dh is jealous about the concert- some of his favorite music!

• coffee/paper/muffin
  • chores and clean up
  • maybe some shopping- actually, definitely shopping
  • when amazon boxes come- wrap
  • ds3 to tennis
  • dinner with everyone

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Morning, all!

First day of school break!  So much to do, so little motivation to accomplish it...

To do:

breakfast, coffee, wait for clothes in dryer

survey/inventory what shopping I did do, wrap gifts

hair appointment

groceries and visit with my mom, help her with cards for family

FedEx 

pizza for dinner

grade, watch tv/Netflix

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Dishwasher running. Hand washing mostly done. 

Secret Santa gift put together 

Work bag and food made. 

Dinner for the family made.

Cookies cooking. My mother will help decorate them this afternoon. Eating lunch and then laying down for my nap.

Then off to work after dinner.

• Like 5

We are leaving tomorrow for a 10 hour road trip!

Order my new glasses

Buy new headphones for DD for road trip

Fill up van with gas

Finish Laundry

Pack clothes for everyone

Pack snacks/drinks

Pack Christmas gifts - we opened most of the gifts already - just bringing a few with us.

Drop off house key to cat-sitter

Exchange pants at Kohl's for DD

Eat up all the random food in the fridge LOL

• Like 6

Home from school.  Bought one gift for our Dirty Santa tomorrow.  DS14 insists on going to get his so I couldn't pick up anything for him.  Sigh.

We have a showing for the house at 3 pm tomorrow.

Ordered my beef tenderloin from Publix and it cost the same as it does at Costco, thus saving myself a trip to the zoo that is our Costco just for 1 thing (and inevitably walking out of the store $400 poorer)

Off to do one (maybe two) loads of laundry, and then make my pasta salad for tomorrow night's party.

• Like 5

Errands and grocery shopping are done. Glad I had two kids along to help me!

Horse chores are done for the evening, just need to feed the dogs and switch some laundry.

Dinner is snacky stuff that does not require any more effort than turning on the oven and microwave.

I am finally getting in the Christmas spirit.🎄

• Like 4