Menu

What's with the ads?

Sue in St Pete

Good News re: job offer

Mines has 2 career days a year where a number of companies come to campus to market/interview.  Ds had several on campus interviews, several away from campus interviews (including one an airplane ride away), declined a few airplane rides away interviews (due to rural locations), and was rejected by a few companies he wanted.

Two days ago, he was offered a job at a company that he likes that is local to him.  He is happy to stay in the area.  The salary is average for someone with his degree (mechanical engineering undergrad and engineering and technology management graduate) according to Mines salary outcome report.  The offer comes with all the standard benefits.  He accepted today.  He will start in June after graduation in May.  A terrific Xmas present for us all.

I was a little worried because he never worked a summer internship, so I'm relieved it all worked out.

For those who have followed the ups and downs of basketball over the years, he made it through to Xmas with no injuries.  Yay! (2 of his 5 years, he did not)

I really need to change my signature.  I hate to give up my beach gal, though.

• Like 39

14 hours ago, Sue in St Pete said:

Mines has 2 career days a year where a number of companies come to campus to market/interview.  Ds had several on campus interviews, several away from campus interviews (including one an airplane ride away), declined a few airplane rides away interviews (due to rural locations), and was rejected by a few companies he wanted.

Two days ago, he was offered a job at a company that he likes that is local to him.  He is happy to stay in the area.  The salary is average for someone with his degree (mechanical engineering undergrad and engineering and technology management graduate) according to Mines salary outcome report.  The offer comes with all the standard benefits.  He accepted today.  He will start in June after graduation in May.  A terrific Xmas present for us all.

I was a little worried because he never worked a summer internship, so I'm relieved it all worked out.

For those who have followed the ups and downs of basketball over the years, he made it through to Xmas with no injuries.  Yay! (2 of his 5 years, he did not)

I really need to change my signature.  I hate to give up my beach gal, though.

Has it really been so long? I remember when you were posting about the NCAA and recruitment process. It seems like yesterday. 

• Like 2