Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Beaniemom

Cookware help

I asked for not non-stick cookware for Christmas.  The coating gets messed up and I’d rather just have something I don’t have to worry about using metal utensils or scrubbing. My dh’s aunt bought a set that while not the typical “teflon” type coating still advertises as non-stick.  I know nothing about these but it appears they are ceramic coated.  Does anyone have experience with these? Will they scratch up like the ones I am replacing?

https://www.amazon.com/10-Piece-Kitchen-Non-Stick-Ti-Cerama-Coating/dp/B01ERZEYK0/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1545346437&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=gotham+steel+cookware&dpPl=1&dpID=41yrc%2BiqISL&ref=plSrch

They will still scratch and chip eventually like any other non-stick. Don't use metal utensils, and it you stack them, place a dishrag/towel in between. I don't have that set, but I have a Tramontina Ceramic. Anything can scratch- even stainless honestly, But the ceramic has held up pretty well for me. Just try and use either wood, plastic, or silicone utensils and be careful how you store them and they'll do fine for years. 

After tons of research, we've just bought a ceramic Greenlife pan that I really like cooking with, but have not had it long enough to judge if it will last. This is the first ceramic we’ve used, and it is great for eggs. In some ways it is almost too slick. So I'll keep you posted on how it works in a long distance ride

Edited by SammySommers

On 12/20/2018 at 2:58 PM, Beaniemom said:

I asked for not non-stick cookware for Christmas.  The coating gets messed up and I’d rather just have something I don’t have to worry about using metal utensils or scrubbing. My dh’s aunt bought a set that while not the typical “teflon” type coating still advertises as non-stick.  I know nothing about these but it appears they are ceramic coated.  Does anyone have experience with these? Will they scratch up like the ones I am replacing?

https://www.amazon.com/10-Piece-Kitchen-Non-Stick-Ti-Cerama-Coating/dp/B01ERZEYK0/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1545346437&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=gotham+steel+cookware&dpPl=1&dpID=41yrc%2BiqISL&ref=plSrch

Have you read the customer comments?  Especially the negative ones?

1 hour ago, Pen said:

Have you read the customer comments?  Especially the negative ones?

I actually ended up getting 3 different sets of cookware for Christmas and dh got me exactly what I was looking for so the ones from this post got returned.  

25 minutes ago, Beaniemom said:

I actually ended up getting 3 different sets of cookware for Christmas and dh got me exactly what I was looking for so the ones from this post got returned.  

Which ones did you end up getting?