Menu

eReader suggestion

MamaSprout

My really, really old keyboard kindle died this morning. I am very sad. It was probably 12 years old? I used it mostly for gutenberg books and things dd needs to read for school that are easier on an eReader. No internet-enabled screens in bedrooms around here, and she says eReaders are easier to read in the car than even a print book.

What do you all like? I don't want a touch screen. I didn't use Amazon much for that device (we also have a small Fire). Back light would be nice. Navigation button would be nice.

I love my Kindle Paperwhite.  The lighting is easy on the eyes and not the kind that can interrupt sleep cycles, which means I can use it in bed, not disturb dh, and read until I get tired (or, if the book is really good, read until the wee hours of the morning.).  It only accesses the internet to download books and magazines.  No web pages.  I love that I can use the Kindle Owners" Lending Library and can download books and magazines from my library through Overdrive and Hoopla.  I especially love that I can choose a book at 1 am when I am struggling with insomnia.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dirty ethel rackham said:

I love my Kindle Paperwhite.  The lighting is easy on the eyes and not the kind that can interrupt sleep cycles, which means I can use it in bed, not disturb dh, and read until I get tired (or, if the book is really good, read until the wee hours of the morning.).  It only accesses the internet to download books and magazines.  No web pages.  I love that I can use the Kindle Owners" Lending Library and can download books and magazines from my library through Overdrive and Hoopla.  I especially love that I can choose a book at 1 am when I am struggling with insomnia.  

It works with Hoopla? That would be awesome.