Menu

When to go grocery shopping before Xmas?

Pen

I need to go once between now and Christmas, probably best if Saturday or sooner because running out of milk, eggs, fresh fruit and vegetables.  

When tends to be least crazy for roads and grocery stores/ Supermarkets?  

There are two possible stores each 45 minutes away, approx,  so I am not in a situation to just drop by at any time.

Edited by Pen

14 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I like 6 am if I am headed to a 24hr store. Everything has been restocked and fresh and very few people are out.

Or 2 am if you happen to be awake at that hour. You may be in the middle of restocking and can snatch things off the pallets. 🙂

ETA: For a more reasonable suggestion, can you get away after 8pm or even 9pm? Hopefully, the crowds have thinned out a little by then. Traffic is definitely much lighter at that hour in my area.

Edited by Liz CA

2 minutes ago, Liz CA said:

Or 2 am if you happen to be awake at that hour. You may be in the middle of restocking and can snatch things off the pallets. 🙂

My 5am-1am Safeway restocks usually from 10pm. Trader Joe’s restock often from 7pm but they sometimes run out of the non-organic chicken drumsticks which we like.

• Like 1