Menu

What's with the ads?

lulalu

Music Appreciation

I am looking for a book and cd that I can use for music appreciation. Something that talks about the composers and points out things in the music. I would love for it to have all kinds of genres not just classical, but anything works. Anything out there? 

Don't know your ages, but in elementary school I used the books, What Your X Grader Needs to Know. They would have different genres of music, always some classical, and songs to learn. I just got books and CDs from the library to go along with it. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 2_girls_mommy said:

Don't know your ages, but in elementary school I used the books, What Your X Grader Needs to Know. They would have different genres of music, always some classical, and songs to learn. I just got books and CDs from the library to go along with it. 

This is what I did too! I was able to find piano music at the library for a lot of the folk songs they suggest in primary school, so we could sing around the piano. We haven't done it this year, but it was fun when we did.

Edited by knitgrl
  • Like 1

Memoria Press recently came out with a curriculum for this.  We have the book and CD set. 

• Like 1