Menu

What has been the most successful Elementary Spanish Curriculum you've used?

bnwhitaker

1. Watch Fluent Forever's videos on Spanish pronunciation.

2. Get a book on reading. I used La Pata Pita which is good, but it's for native speakers. I'll find you something. This is a short step.

3. Use Getting Started With Spanish while drilling vocab and phrases with a smart flashcard app. I like ANKI, most people like memrise. Look into Lingodeer and Duolingo with corresponding memrise decks.

4. Start a formal grammar. Spanish For Children and So You Really Want to Learn Spanish are popular. The first three steps will take you a year to a year and a half and he will be mature enough for a grammar when you get there.

• Like 1

I’m interested in this, too. We just started Song School Spanish 2, and I guess I’m tentatively planning to do Spanish for Children after that. We’ve done it mostly orally because learning to read and write in ENGLISH has been such an uphill climb.

I’m intrigued by the idea of a Spanish reading program like La Pata Pita. You say it doesn’t make sense for non-native speakers? How else do you get started reading in Spanish. Even after Song School Spanish 1, I feel like we know so little vocabulary, Spanish board books are over our head.

On 12/21/2018 at 5:27 AM, Slache said:

1. Watch Fluent Forever's videos on Spanish pronunciation.

2. Get a book on reading. I used La Pata Pita which is good, but it's for native speakers. I'll find you something. This is a short step.

3. Use Getting Started With Spanish while drilling vocab and phrases with a smart flashcard app. I like ANKI, most people like memrise. Look into Lingodeer and Duolingo with corresponding memrise decks.

4. Start a formal grammar. Spanish For Children and So You Really Want to Learn Spanish are popular. The first three steps will take you a year to a year and a half and he will be mature enough for a grammar when you get there.

Here.