Menu

Packaging for frozen food gifts

Toocrazy!!

I'd like to gift my parents some homemade meals for Christmas - just a few meals for 2 that they can heat up. They hate to cook much anymore. What is the best way to give them meals that makes it easy for them to re-heat and eat? I'm thinking chili, meatballs and sauce, breakfast breads. Any other foods you think freeze well are welcome suggestions. I don't LOVE to cook either, so simple meals work for all of us☺️

I freeze just about everything.  I hate to cook so I'd rather cook once and eat many times from the one cook/clean up episode.  Grilled chicken, casseroles, chili, taco meat, roast, pulled pork, hamburgers, turkey burgers, pancakes, baked chicken, baked pasta dishes, breads, muffins...   I wrap most stuff in foil.  Otherwise I put things like chili or taco meat in glass pyrex containers and label them and then reheat them in the containers.  

ETA:  I also cook ham and freeze it but that always thaws kind of wet.  We freeze pizza and stromboli, too.  I really need an extra freezer.  

Edited by Kassia

Easy and delicious, my kids ask for this frequently. Good for freezing, but undercook it just a tad. Serve with some bread, maybe a salad. 

Sausage Sweet Potato Bake

2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced

3 apples, cored, peeled, and sliced

1 pound ground sausage, browned and drained

2 Tablespoons sugar

1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour

¼ teaspoon cinnamon

¼ teaspoon salt

½ cup water

INSTRUCTIONS

Arrange sweet potatoes, apples, and sausage in a greased 9x13 baking pan.

In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over top of casserole.

Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes, until sweet potatoes and apples are tender.