Menu

Favorite Easy Non-Dairy Christmas Treats

mom31257

Would you share some of your favorite non-dairy Christmas treats to give away? I can search online, but it's not the same as someone telling you it's actually good and easy to make. One of our neighbors is a dairy-free family, and I always feel like they get the short end of the stick when it comes to the gifts I give them. 

I'd really like cute things, too, because they have kids. 

Thanks in advance!

Pumpkin bread is really tasty - (we substitute apple juice for the water, applesauce for half the oil, and cut the sugar some) https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/6820/downeast-maine-pumpkin-bread/  We've also made this as muffins (sprinkle a little sugar on the top for fun) - which we use for breakfasts/snacks. It freezes well.

Ranch Oyster crackers. We're tired of the sweet stuff pretty quickly, so these offer a nice alternative. I'm not sure if oyster crackers are dairy free though. 

• Like 2

For the kids, I like to make marshmallow treats using either coconut oil or Earth Balance non-dairy butter. Or the little grinch kabobs with green grapes, banana slice, strawberry and marshmallow. Chocolate dipped strawberries are easy using Enjoy Life's dairy-free chocolate chips melted with a little coconut oil. If you make cookies, I'd use Earth Balance non-dairy butter and any of the dairy-free milks. And Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips anywhere chocolate chips are needed.

Yesterday we went to a party where a mom made reindeer cookies by making regular cookies (hers were gluten-free/dairy-free) then she added 2 pretzel-shaped mini pretzels for antlers and used the larger Enjoy Life chocolate chips for the eyes and nose. They were cute and our gluten-free/dairy-free girls loved them.

• Like 1

My dd loves this recipe with coconut oil and dairy-free chocolate chips. We don't use nuts and heat the coconut oil and sugar in the microwave. Easy and always well-loved! https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/11376/saltine-toffee-cookies/

New dairy-free chocolate chips available at Walmart: https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/allthemoms/2018/05/30/nestle-toll-house-allergen-free-chocolate-chips/655447002/

• Like 1

I'm dairy free, so here are some things I have made or given this year:

If you are looking for a nice, pre-packaged food gift idea that is dairy free, I discovered that at least 2 varieties of Whole Foods chocolate truffles have no dairy.  They are SO good.

One of my teenagers' favorite sweet treats to bring to parties is peppermint brownies, and they are EXTREMELY easy.   I look for a boxed brownie mix with no dairy (just read the ingredients, because some have milk ingredients, but others do not), and make per the instructions on the box.   Then mix crushed candy canes into a tub of cream cheese frosting to top the brownies.  Believe it or not, the cream cheese frosting (either Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines, I don't remember which) has no cheese or dairy.   Small mini candy canes are the easiest to crush in a small food processor until they are almost completely powder.  I will sprinkle the larger candy chunks on top.

For other baking, I substitute Butter flavor Crisco or Earth Balance (both of which come in sticks for easy measuring) for butter.

• Like 1