Menu

Accountability Thread 12/16-12/22

Good Morning,

School today - Phonics & Reading Pathways, math, practice writing, calendar, weather, holiday countdown, Bible story and memory verse.

YTK SciShow Kids and Animal Wonders Montana.

Outside play

Subject to change since it seems DD6 is coming down with something or just her allergies.

• Like 2

Critter- I woke up with a sore throat yesterday morning. Its no fun, that's for sure! 

I'm going to push through feeling crummy and shoot for a full school day today. Plus we have library books to return this afternoon. Its easy to sit at the library while the kids play and grab stacks and stacks of books. 😊 

Now I just need to figure out how to do school without talking... 😂

• Like 1

Okay, now I officially feel really crummy. Swallowing is so difficult, I sound like Gollum got lodged In my throat and it feels like it too. Running fever and it chased me to the couch by one and to bed by eight. 

Just in time for all the family to arrive...🤧

• Sad 1

Everyone is dropping like flies around here! No good! 👎 I hope everyone feels better quickly!

I managed to get through math and language arts yesterday and that was it! I was done talking for the day!

I was out of renewals on some of the library books so I just drove to the library and put them in the book drop and came straight home! The gas probably cost more than the fine would have, but I hate library fines. Feels like breaking the law or something, lol! 😂 

Today was a little better. Dd had a public speaking assignment tonight so we spent a lot of time prepping for that. I took her but I left the other kids home with dh. Now I'm all keyed up from being out late. I really should go to bed though. 

• Like 1

Day three of frogs in the throat and mountains on my back. I slept better last night. Only up three times to drink water because I was so dried out. Today I am writing, and mostly not doing too much. I'm supposed to go to a family get-together this evening. I have a mask, and I'm trying to reserve my energy. I don't have a lot of it. The boys are entertaining themselves and helping with chores.

I don't know, Critter, I would think you could get out of the family thing with how crummy you are feeling. 😞 Take care of yourself.

Full school day here. Memory work ✔, spelling ✔, grammar ✔, handwriting ✔, math ✔, geography ✔, science, piano practice, art. 

We are taking a lunch-chore-exercise break now and I'm contemplating how much of a winter break I want to take.

My first thought is that I want a really long break. Involving the beach. But that's not going to happen and the kids fall apart without structure so I don't know. Maybe shorter days with a 4 day weekend? I tried to cut out science and geography earlier this month and just do math and language arts but they revolted. Lol. Those are their favorite subjects, what was I thinking?! 😂 Last week they had 3 days off unplanned due to life stuff. So we're not overdoing it, I guess. 

• Like 1

Hope you feel better soon, Critter!

DD6 had doctors appt this morning. She has been sounding croupy and she has needed her breathing treatment in the night. Got steroid to treat that.

Earlier in the morning she did math, calendar, weather, countdowns to special days plus Bible story. 

She will read to me this afternoon.

Visited library and friend's. 

Tomorrow is a busy day.

• Like 2

Uggh, Mommyof1! I dread having to get out the breathing machine! Your poor baby!

Today I planned to finish out the week with one more effort with school. Probably just memory work, math, and language arts. If the kids wanted science and geography they can unschool those subjects with books, videos, the talking globe, etc. But I have to make cookies today. Lots and lots and lots of cookies. 

And 2 people in this house are still snoozing away. The other 2 are showing zero interest in school. So who knows?   I'm making cookies. And maybe 1/2 day homeschooling. Maybe not. 😂👍

• Like 1

Day 5 of the creeping crud. I am coughing more and sneezing a lot today. The front of my face feels like someone stepped on it, and I'm still quite tired. I made a quick run to town today to see how I would fare behind the wheel. I do have work tomorrow and I need to be there. I think I'll make it. I'm not well, but I'll do. For now, just resting as much as I can, drinking as much as I can, and the chores are just having to slide for the time being. 

The one thing that hasn't slipped? I'm still writing a lot. I've had a creatively productive week, although the rest of it has been pretty bad.

I hope you feel better soon Critter.

DD is responding well to the steroids and I'm doing well with my asthma preventative/maintenance meds. My voice is finally coming back.

We do have school today. We have science, poems, what to do in an emergency, she reads to me, add/sub flash cards (1-20) not to memorize but to figure out and Bible with memory verses review. Also calendar, weather with countdowns to special days.

No school on Sundays or Christmas Day. Christmas Eve maybe maybe not. It depends. DH and I will be cooking and baking that day so...

• Like 1