Menu

When an Amazon package is misdelivered . . .?

AFwife Claire

So I ordered a book from amazon for my niece down in Florida.  It was supposed to be delivered today, but it never arrived.  I checked the delivery status, and it says the book was delivered--"handed off directly".  

Clearly it was delivered to the wrong address, although the address it said it was delivered to was the correct one.  How do I go about complaining about this??  I'm so mad.  This niece is in an abusive relationship.  Her dh left her to work out of state (he's technically an illegal alien), but he's coming back next week for a week to see the kids, and I'm so afraid she is going to be manipulated back into a relationship with him.  The book I sent was "Why Does He Do That? Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men" by Lundy Bancroft, and I so wanted her to be able to read it before abusive dh comes back on the scene!  Grrrrr.....

I would check with the neighbors to see if it was just a number off or something.

Also sometimes carriers will mark a package delivered that hasn't been yet. They aren't supposed to, but they'll just mark everything on the truck delivered and then deliver it later that day or the next day.

If it doesn't show tomorrow I'd just chat with an Amazon rep and they'll offer to replace it or refund.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, EmseB said:

I would check with the neighbors to see if it was just a number off or something.

Also sometimes carriers will mark a package delivered that hasn't been yet. They aren't supposed to, but they'll just mark everything on the truck delivered and then deliver it later that day or the next day.

If it doesn't show tomorrow I'd just chat with an Amazon rep and they'll offer to replace it or refund.

You know, I've read on here before about drivers marking the whole truck delivered, but I had forgotten.  I really, really hope that is what has happened--although it is still quite annoying, as she was waiting for it all day since Amazon said it was supposed to be delivered!  I told her to check with the neighbors too.  She lives in a row of connected one story apartments, so there is no big porch or anything--just a small area by the front door. 

Here handed off directly means it was handed to the post office to deliver and it will show up in 2-3 days.

It's also possible it was misdelivered, but the last time I complained about that they refused to ship me a new one until 3 days had passed in case whoever got it delivered it themselves. In one out of the three times that happened, a neighbor with the same house address 3 blocks over DID bring it back.

ETA: if it doesn't show up in 3 days go to the website's customer service page and click the link for "where's my stuff?"  so they will resend it.  I did hear about a delivery driver in Florida getting arrested a few months back for stealing stuff.  It was figured out because he littered the packages in the same place every day instead of putting them in the garbage.

Edited by Katy

Go to the Amazon main page.  Scroll down to the bottom...  not the very bottom, but near it, where it has various columns titled "Get to know us," "Make money with us," etc.  Go to the column titled "Let us help you," and click on Help at the bottom.

Now scroll down to the section titled "Browse help topics."  Hover over Need More Help? and you'll see new options appear to the right of that column.  Click on Contact Us.

Now it will ask you various questions and you'll be able to fill out a form and tell them what the specific order and problem is.  They've always been very good about getting back to me, almost always within a day, usually with the perfect solution.

If you want to get in touch with them even sooner though, you can call them.  I think this is their customer service number: 888-280-4331.

• Like 3

We had a recent news story where postal employees were marking packages as delivered, but not actually delivering them until days later. They couldn't keep up with the package deliveries, but the managers would get bonus money if packages were delivered on time and were pressuring the people to deliver at the risk of their jobs. I wonder how often this happens, especially at this time of year with so much online shopping.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, J-rap said:

Go to the Amazon main page.  Scroll down to the bottom...  not the very bottom, but near it, where it has various columns titled "Get to know us," "Make money with us," etc.  Go to the column titled "Let us help you," and click on Help at the bottom.

Now scroll down to the section titled "Browse help topics."  Hover over Need More Help? and you'll see new options appear to the right of that column.  Click on Contact Us.

Now it will ask you various questions and you'll be able to fill out a form and tell them what the specific order and problem is.  They've always been very good about getting back to me, almost always within a day, usually with the perfect solution.

If you want to get in touch with them even sooner though, you can call them.  I think this is their customer service number: 888-280-4331.

Ahhhh!  I could have used these instructions a couple of days ago.  I kept thinking I was being an idiot as it can't be THAT hard to find where to send a query to customer service.  I finally stumbled upon a way to chat with them.  We had received an order that included a box set of 17 books, except that there was two volume 8 and zero volume 9.  I was hoping we could send back only a volume 8 and they could send us volume 9.  The books are also sold individually so it wasn't like I was asking them to break open an entire box set to send us the missing volume. Nope. Only resolution they would agree to was having us send back the entire set and they would immediately ship a new set.  Was on pins and needles whether the new set would all of the volumes.  Luckily, it did.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...