Menu
Jump to content

What's with the ads?

Plum Crazy

Constantly having to log in

Recommended Posts

Almost every time I go to my beloved forums I have to log in. It doesn't matter if I'm on my iPhone, iPad or PC. Sometimes I'll leave the tab open and come back and have to log in again. It's been happening for about a month or two now. Anyone else?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yup, me too.  But WAY longer than a month...actually ever since they changed the whole look of the forum, I have had to do that...and it's annoying and it is actually keeping me from coming back too often...because it is so annoying.  

If they can fix that, I would LOVE it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had this, too, but there have been times I've closed and reopened my browser when the site logged me out and I'm suddenly logged in again without needing to sign in or I wait a few hours and I'm logged in again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it helps, my iPad is telling me 

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this stream

Error code: 2C280/3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am regularly logged out. There doesn’t seem to be any pattern (like haven’t been on for a few days etc). It can happen after a few days or a few minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot stay logged in at all today. My phone regularly logs me out, but today the laptop is doing it. 

Quote

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something was going on earlier today.  I kept having to log-in, then when I choose Community, it would log me back out again.  It happened for a few hours, then suddenly I was able to come back and didn't need to log-in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Something was going on earlier today.  I kept having to log-in, then when I choose Community, it would log me back out again.  It happened for a few hours, then suddenly I was able to come back and didn't need to log-in.  

Yes, this happened to me today, too. At first, the site was very slow and I couldn't log in at all. Then, I could log in, but it would kick me out if I tried to access the WTM community. I could hit the back button and I would suddenly be logged in, but every time I tried to access the forums, I would suddenly be logged out. I just opened the forums and I'm logged in again. I was more productive this morning than I usually am. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm used to having to log in periodically but today has been horrible. I couldn't log in at all from laptop or mobile- it just hung- for most of the day. I finally tried again and got on a couple of hours ago, but then it booted me again after a few minutes and did what wilrunner is describing. Hope it's just some sort of maintenance, but thought I'd chime in too that today was worse than ever, in case something is up..........reporting it while I am still logged on! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wilrunner said:

Yes, this happened to me today, too. At first, the site was very slow and I couldn't log in at all. Then, I could log in, but it would kick me out if I tried to access the WTM community. I could hit the back button and I would suddenly be logged in, but every time I tried to access the forums, I would suddenly be logged out. I just opened the forums and I'm logged in again. I was more productive this morning than I usually am. :)

 

2 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

I'm used to having to log in periodically but today has been horrible. I couldn't log in at all from laptop or mobile- it just hung- for most of the day. I finally tried again and got on a couple of hours ago, but then it booted me again after a few minutes and did what wilrunner is describing. Hope it's just some sort of maintenance, but thought I'd chime in too that today was worse than ever, in case something is up..........reporting it while I am still logged on! 

This has been me all day today, as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are trying to fix this today, it has been a failure. I had the same experience on and off all day- not being able to login at all during much of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was not able to logon for about 1.5  hours last night.  I have also had this problem intermittently before but never as bad as yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for starting this thread.  It wouldn't be so bad, except logging in seems to take forever, plus I'm not redirected to the page I wanted to visit.  I go to some useless random page, and then need to back up a couple of pages, which also seems to take way too long.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everybody,

We do have tech people working on this. One thing that might be helpful in this process, if you don't mind, is to let us know what device and browser you are using. 

If there are times that you can't log in at all, would you take a screenshot of the page, at the time the error is occurring, and send it to customerservice@welltrained mind.com.
You can also submit a ticket through the website Submit A Request system.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 1/4/2019 at 2:58 PM, wilrunner said:

Yes, this happened to me today, too. At first, the site was very slow and I couldn't log in at all. Then, I could log in, but it would kick me out if I tried to access the WTM community. I could hit the back button and I would suddenly be logged in, but every time I tried to access the forums, I would suddenly be logged out. I just opened the forums and I'm logged in again. I was more productive this morning than I usually am. :)

 

2 hours ago, customerservice said:

Hi Everybody,

We do have tech people working on this. One thing that might be helpful in this process, if you don't mind, is to let us know what device and browser you are using. 

If there are times that you can't log in at all, would you take a screenshot of the page, at the time the error is occurring, and send it to customerservice@welltrained mind.com.
You can also submit a ticket through the website Submit A Request system.

 

On my above example, I was on a desktop computer running Chrome. When this happens on my phone, I'm on a Moto G5 Plus, also on Chrome.

Edited by wilrunner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid to jinx it, but I think it's getting better. It was really bad on the 4th, but I haven't had to log back in for awhile. 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using Chrome on my pc. I closed the tab and came back about 15 minutes later and had to log back in. 

I use Safari on my iPhone and iPad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spoke too soon. I was logged on in Chrome on my desktop, went to Unread Content, opened threads in different tabs, and left the computer for a few minutes. When I returned just now, I refreshed one of the tabs and was logged out. I had no problems logging back in. It doesn't seem to have affected my phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine was constantly having me log in, about 2 wks back it seemed better, but now it's been asking me to log in every time again.

 

On the upside though, when I log back in, it automatically (although slowly) redirects me to the forums. Before, I was having to click my way back to the forums from the log in page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Share
Tweet
Pin
×