Menu

What's with the ads?

Plum

Constantly having to log in

Almost every time I go to my beloved forums I have to log in. It doesn't matter if I'm on my iPhone, iPad or PC. Sometimes I'll leave the tab open and come back and have to log in again. It's been happening for about a month or two now. Anyone else?

• Like 1

yup, me too.  But WAY longer than a month...actually ever since they changed the whole look of the forum, I have had to do that...and it's annoying and it is actually keeping me from coming back too often...because it is so annoying.  

If they can fix that, I would LOVE it.

I have had this, too, but there have been times I've closed and reopened my browser when the site logged me out and I'm suddenly logged in again without needing to sign in or I wait a few hours and I'm logged in again.

If it helps, my iPad is telling me 

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this stream

Error code: 2C280/3

I am regularly logged out. There doesn’t seem to be any pattern (like haven’t been on for a few days etc). It can happen after a few days or a few minutes.

I cannot stay logged in at all today. My phone regularly logs me out, but today the laptop is doing it. 

• Like 1

I'm still having to log in all of the time. No improvement so far. 

Something was going on earlier today.  I kept having to log-in, then when I choose Community, it would log me back out again.  It happened for a few hours, then suddenly I was able to come back and didn't need to log-in.  

8 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Something was going on earlier today.  I kept having to log-in, then when I choose Community, it would log me back out again.  It happened for a few hours, then suddenly I was able to come back and didn't need to log-in.  

Yes, this happened to me today, too. At first, the site was very slow and I couldn't log in at all. Then, I could log in, but it would kick me out if I tried to access the WTM community. I could hit the back button and I would suddenly be logged in, but every time I tried to access the forums, I would suddenly be logged out. I just opened the forums and I'm logged in again. I was more productive this morning than I usually am. :)

• Like 1

I'm used to having to log in periodically but today has been horrible. I couldn't log in at all from laptop or mobile- it just hung- for most of the day. I finally tried again and got on a couple of hours ago, but then it booted me again after a few minutes and did what wilrunner is describing. Hope it's just some sort of maintenance, but thought I'd chime in too that today was worse than ever, in case something is up..........reporting it while I am still logged on! 

7 hours ago, wilrunner said:

Yes, this happened to me today, too. At first, the site was very slow and I couldn't log in at all. Then, I could log in, but it would kick me out if I tried to access the WTM community. I could hit the back button and I would suddenly be logged in, but every time I tried to access the forums, I would suddenly be logged out. I just opened the forums and I'm logged in again. I was more productive this morning than I usually am. :)

2 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

I'm used to having to log in periodically but today has been horrible. I couldn't log in at all from laptop or mobile- it just hung- for most of the day. I finally tried again and got on a couple of hours ago, but then it booted me again after a few minutes and did what wilrunner is describing. Hope it's just some sort of maintenance, but thought I'd chime in too that today was worse than ever, in case something is up..........reporting it while I am still logged on! 

This has been me all day today, as well.

If they are trying to fix this today, it has been a failure. I had the same experience on and off all day- not being able to login at all during much of the day.

I was not able to logon for about 1.5  hours last night.  I have also had this problem intermittently before but never as bad as yesterday.

Thank you for starting this thread.  It wouldn't be so bad, except logging in seems to take forever, plus I'm not redirected to the page I wanted to visit.  I go to some useless random page, and then need to back up a couple of pages, which also seems to take way too long.  

Hi Everybody,

We do have tech people working on this. One thing that might be helpful in this process, if you don't mind, is to let us know what device and browser you are using. 

If there are times that you can't log in at all, would you take a screenshot of the page, at the time the error is occurring, and send it to customerservice@welltrained mind.com.
You can also submit a ticket through the website Submit A Request system.

On 1/4/2019 at 2:58 PM, wilrunner said:

2 hours ago, customerservice said:

Hi Everybody,

We do have tech people working on this. One thing that might be helpful in this process, if you don't mind, is to let us know what device and browser you are using. 

If there are times that you can't log in at all, would you take a screenshot of the page, at the time the error is occurring, and send it to customerservice@welltrained mind.com.
You can also submit a ticket through the website Submit A Request system.

On my above example, I was on a desktop computer running Chrome. When this happens on my phone, I'm on a Moto G5 Plus, also on Chrome.

Edited by wilrunner

I'm afraid to jinx it, but I think it's getting better. It was really bad on the 4th, but I haven't had to log back in for awhile. 🤞

I'm using Chrome on my pc. I closed the tab and came back about 15 minutes later and had to log back in. 

I use Safari on my iPhone and iPad. 

Pretty sure you fixed it. Thanks! 👍

I spoke too soon. I was logged on in Chrome on my desktop, went to Unread Content, opened threads in different tabs, and left the computer for a few minutes. When I returned just now, I refreshed one of the tabs and was logged out. I had no problems logging back in. It doesn't seem to have affected my phone.

Mine was constantly having me log in, about 2 wks back it seemed better, but now it's been asking me to log in every time again.

On the upside though, when I log back in, it automatically (although slowly) redirects me to the forums. Before, I was having to click my way back to the forums from the log in page.

Oh no! It’s happening again on Safari on my IPhone and on Chrome on my PC. 

First time in over a week that it happened to me. I was in earlier and just now the foruns asked me to login again. Chrome on an Android mobile device.

May be unrelated, but my task manager is listing 11 Google Chrome instances when I only have 2 tabs open. 

I had about a week's reprieve and now am back to having to log in every time. Google Chrome on a PC and laptop.

• Like 1

I'm having this problem too, and it's taking forever for me to log in and load pages.  Super sluggish.  Just now the site timed out.  

I just came to the boards and was logged out, so I tried to log in but  was unable.  I ended up clicking on the chat board, and then from there I was able to hit unread content again, and then I was magically logged in. <shrug>. I'll try that again next time and see if it works.

Yes. I've been getting stuck upon logging in. It takes forever, if it does at all, to get to the forum pages. This is happening on both iPhone in Safari and on my PC in Chrome. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Today has been really, really bad after it had been problem free for some length of time. This is on iPhone with Safari and MacBook on Chrome and Safari. 

Ditto, except I've had problems all week. Especially on my iPad and iPhone (both Safari). I tried and tried earlier this afternoon on my phone and could never even get the sign in page to load. I had the same issue a couple of days ago on my iPad. So not only does the site seem to be kicking me off, it's making it almost impossible to get signed back in.

Yeah, it was very bad today. What is causing this? I mean, it's an odd issue. Sometimes my computer won't let me on but my phone is fine. Sometimes it says I need to log in... and then it just returns me over and over to the same page where I'm not logged in. And then suddenly, I'll try it and it'll be as if I never was logged out.

• Like 1

I've had problems today, too, on both my phone and desktop, both with chrome. The site loads very slowly, won't load the log in page before it times out, so I leave it for a few hours. Sometimes when I return, I'm logged in as though nothing happened.

Still being difficult this morning. The weirdest thing now is that the login page it takes me to when I'm not logged in - both on Safari on my i devices and Chrome on my pc - is blank. There's nothing there.

So then I clicked on this subforum and thread because I was like, maybe someone posted here what's up. Nope, just more people having problems.

BUT... I clicked on the login link from the bottom of the page (this is from Chrome on my laptop) and it had a pop up and then actually took me to the login page and it worked - and in a timely fashion, not a - I'll just do other things and check this tab later fashion like it's been doing.

This whole issue is just odd. 90+% of the time, it's fine. And even when I'm occasionally logged out, I just log back in. But then there will be a day when it is completely unpredictable, slow, and generally weird - like yesterday.

I had problems this morning, too, on both Safari and Firefox.  Took the pages forever to load, and then when I logged in, the system logged me back out again.   Glad I'm not the only one.

Using an iPad ..........I am logged in then I am not. I can’t log back in when I try.......then everything seems to reset itself and I am in.  Totally weird ..... 

21 minutes ago, mumto2 said:

Using an iPad ..........I am logged in then I am not. I can’t log back in when I try.......then everything seems to reset itself and I am in.  Totally weird ..... 

This, again, today.

Having trouble yesterday and today too.

Something I haven't seen mentioned is that it seems to get hung up on asking me to login .... to the point that I get a page saying stuff like the server couldn't respond or the cloud flare something or other and it has a picture of a dugong .... or is it a manatee? ... as the background image for the whole page.

ETA:  Definitely worse on Safari than Chrome these past 2 days.

Edited by domestic_engineer

Just mentioned this to Dh, his iPad is doing strange things in general.....he isn’t on the WTM.

Haven't been able to log in for 4 days, since 2/4. The login page would not load at all. Last night the login page loaded, but showed me the manatee page after trying to submit the login form. This is the first time I've been able to log in, and I'm not sure how long it will stick.

Chrome on PC.