Menu

Christmas food...give me your favorite DIP recipe

mmasc

21 minutes ago, Momto5inIN said:

Fruit dip, esp good on apples: Beat together 8 oz block cream cheese softened, half cup brown sugar, quarter cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 pkg Heath brickle bits

I have never even one time failed to have someone ask for this recipe when I serve it!

Ooo...I’ll have to try this! My usual fruit dip is just cream cheese and marshmallow cream, but this sounds even yummier!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Buffalo chx dip!

Cream cheese mixed with bleu cheese dressing on the bottom pf a small casserole dish,  shredded rotisserie chx mixed with buffalo sauce on the top. Bake until watm through. Serve with fat Fritos, good for dipping.

Is this 1 block of cream cheese and 1 bottle of dressing?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, unsinkable said:

Strawberry Dip:

8 oz cream cheese (room temp)

1/4 c. strawberry preserves

2 - 3 TBS 10X sugar or to taste

2 TBS orange juice or to desired consistency

Beat together until well combined. Then either refrig or serve immediately.

This sounds yummy too! I have one DS who would especially like this one. 

• Like 1

Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip

Poach 2 - 3 large chicken breast halves with black pepper and garlic salt until cooked through. Shred or chop when cook enough to handle. Add enough chunky blue cheese dressing  (I like Maries) to make the consistency of chicken salad. Start with 1 cup and work up). Then add enough Frank's Hot Sauce to reach desired heat level (start with 1/4 cup and work up). You can add more black pepper to up the heat level. 

Heat until bubbly in microwave or low oven.

• Like 1

I really want to dip something right now!

This is a very easy and yummy one that we have for Christmas. 

Block of cream cheese, softened and spread on serving dish

Top with a jar of Newmans Mango or Pineapple salsa

top that with cheddar jack or pepper jack shredded cheese. Bake at 375 until cheese is melted and bubbly. 

Great with multigrain Tostitos scoops

• Like 3

This Feta Dip is a recipe I got from a friend many years ago. We now live in a small town and it is hard to find good feta, but if you can access good feta, this recipe is delicious. 

1 lb feta (french blends well)

½ lb cream cheese (8 oz)

¼ lb unsalted butter (1 stick)

1 clove garlic – minced very fine

Blend in food processor till very smooth

¾ cup sundried tomatoes

optional:  parsley, fresh basil, green onion

Line a 6” round mold with saran wrap.  Put in ½ the tomatoes (rehydrated) sprinkle with basil and toasted sesame seeds.  Then add ½ the feta mixture, then the rest of the tomatoes, basil and the remaining feta mixture.  Cover with saran wrap and keep in refrigerator at least 24 hours to firm.

• Like 3

Creamy Spinach and Bacon Dip

16        oz.       sour cream  

8          oz.       cream cheese at room temperature

1                      packet dry vegetable soup mix  

8          oz.       shredded Monterey Jack cheese  

4          slices   bacon cooked and crumbled  

10        oz.       chopped, frozen spinach (thawed and drained)

1          small   tomato  chopped

tortilla chips  

Directions

Preheat oven to 450.

Combine cream cheese, sour cream, 1/2 of the cheese, soup mix, and spinach. Transfer the mixture to a 9 inch glass pie pan and top with the remaining 1/2 of the cheese and the bacon.

Bake for 8-10 minutes until the dip is bubbly. Top the warm dip with the diced tomatoes.

Serve with tortilla chips, bread or crackers.

• Like 2

These all sound so delicious! The artichoke one has been a favorite of mine forever, yet I haven’t eaten it in YEARS. Because, you know, nobody else likes it in the family.😆 I think I’m going to make it just for me soon. 

Funny holiday story regarding this dip: I made it for one of my first Thanksgivings with my in-laws. I was told to just bring whatever I wanted. So, I brought this dip (bc I love it!). Well, there are no appetizers at the family Thanksgiving (who knew?!) so it just got sat out with the other meal food. Everyone passed it by because it was ‘weird’ I guess. Now I know that everybody just brings the same food every year, nothing different, nothing new. 😉 Maybe I’ll bring this dip for the Christmas meal just for old times sake. 🤣

• Like 2

This is kind of a deconstructed version of BamBam's (which made my mouth water!).

Spread a container of chive or dill flavored cream cream on a small-ish plate. Top with a container of hummus. Layer on the following toppings: crumbled feta, chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, halved Greek olives,  chopped green peppers. Before serving drizzle with a good EVOO.

• Like 2

Popper Dip (my very favorite!):

Soften 2 8 oz. package of cream cheese. Mix with a cup of mayo, 4 oz. canned chopped green chilies, 2 oz. diced jarred jalapeños, and 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese. Put in oven safe bowl and bake at 375 for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Serve with tortilla chips.

• Like 3

I remembered that I loved a dip from Chili’s a million years ago, so I just looked up the recipe. I was pretty surprised to see that the recipe (or copycat at least) is a block of cream cheese heated with a can of Hormel chili, with melted cheese on top. I loathe canned chili, so I won’t be making this one. 🤢

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mmasc said:

Is this 1 block of cream cheese and 1 bottle of dressing?

Here's the actual recipe. I was not at home when I originally posted.

• 1 8oz pkg of cream cheese
  • 1 bottle of Marie's bleu cheese dressing
  • 3/4 of the larger bottle of Frank's hot sauce*
  • 1/3 Cup of butter*
  • 3 C shredded cooked chx

* You can sub Buffalo sauce for the plain Hot sauce and omit the butter.

Mix 1/2 jar of dressing with the cc and spread in the bottom of a 2 qt baking dish. Pour remainder of the dressing over this. Mix Hot sauce, butter and chx together and layer on top of cheese/dressing mixture. Bake at 325 until warm through. Serve with celery and Fritos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Family recipe for Clam Dip.  (full disclosure--sometimes I eat this with crackers for dinner.  It's so good.)

8 oz cream cheese, at room temp (low fat does not work for this recipe)

Garlic powder

White pepper

1 can of minced clams (6-7 oz), drained, liquid reserved

2 tsp Worcheshter sauce

2 tsp lemon juice

In a medium bowl mix 3 tablespoons of the clam juice with the other liquids.  Sprinkle liberally with garlic powder.  Add about 3 generous pinches of white pepper.  Mix in the clams.  Add cream cheese and mix thoroughly with a fork.  If you want it smoother you can use a hand mixer on it, but I usually don't.  Sometimes I add a little more clam juice if I want it creamier.

Fantastic on barbequed potato chips, or Ruffles plain potato chips.  Awfully darned good on wheat thins, too.  Anyone who has had this asks me to make it again the next time, or gingerly inquires as to availability at our house.  Totally great recipe.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, unsinkable said:

Mushroom Dip

Melt 2 TBS butter. Add 12 oz sliced mushrooms and cook down until liquid is released and mostly evaporated. Add 1 garlic clove. Saute for 30 seconds or so. Add 8 oz cream cheese and hear until melted.

I need to try this.  I have a mushroom fiend in my house.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 7:18 PM, mmasc said:

I remembered that I loved a dip from Chili’s a million years ago, so I just looked up the recipe. I was pretty surprised to see that the recipe (or copycat at least) is a block of cream cheese heated with a can of Hormel chili, with melted cheese on top. I loathe canned chili, so I won’t be making this one. 🤢

https://www.deepsouthdish.com/2018/02/quick-chili-for-chili-cheese-fries.html

My girl Mary at Deep South Dish (I dont  really know her. I just love her blog) has this small batch chili recipe to replace canned chili in recipes.

Maybe this will help?

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Some people are obsessed with my family’s clam “dip”. It’s more of a cracker spread, and often eaten off a spoon by some of my kids @@.  And it’s terrible for you.

Drain a can of minced clams, reserving the liquid.  Sauté clams and a small diced onion. Add reserved liquid and some lemon juice.  Add a stick of butter and some oregano.  Remove from heat and add bread crumbs (I use Italian) to desired consistency.  Put in ramekins and bake for a while.

Sometimes it doesn’t make it into the oven here.

On 12/12/2018 at 6:27 PM, ScoutTN said:

Super plain and ordinary, but yummy, fast, snd easy:

1 block of softened cream cheese

Pour one jar of red pepper jelly over cheese

Mine is similar.

One block of cream cheese.

Top with a jar of chutney.

Serve with a variety of crackers.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 5:33 PM, unsinkable said:

This is kind of a deconstructed version of BamBam's (which made my mouth water!).

Spread a container of chive or dill flavored cream cream on a small-ish plate. Top with a container of hummus. Layer on the following toppings: crumbled feta, chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, halved Greek olives,  chopped green peppers. Before serving drizzle with a good EVOO.

I know this is an old thread and I don't care! I'm ready to replace the "soup and bread" night everyone talks about when meal planning with "chips and dip night", lol. This looks SO good!!!!! (except I don't like raw green peppers very much, would skip those and add maybe some diced sweet onion instead)

On 12/12/2018 at 7:28 PM, AK_Mom4 said:

Smoked salmon (the good stuff) plus cream cheese. Beat in a mixer until smooth. 

Eat with a large spoon right from the bowl 

Um...yeah. I supposed I could serve on toast, but why. Have spoon, will binge, right?

On 12/12/2018 at 8:35 PM, Farrar said:

We're another family who are into the fruit friendly dips. I like cream cheese+cinnamon+pureed pumpkin all whipped together.

ooooh!!!!!! Fruit schmoot - that wold be yummy on nilla wafers or graham crackers!!!! Or fine, really nice honey crisp apples I guess. 

On 12/12/2018 at 8:53 PM, Carol in Cal. said:

Family recipe for Clam Dip.  (full disclosure--sometimes I eat this with crackers for dinner.  It's so good.)

8 oz cream cheese, at room temp (low fat does not work for this recipe)

Garlic powder

White pepper

1 can of minced clams (6-7 oz), drained, liquid reserved

2 tsp Worcheshter sauce

2 tsp lemon juice

In a medium bowl mix 3 tablespoons of the clam juice with the other liquids.  Sprinkle liberally with garlic powder.  Add about 3 generous pinches of white pepper.  Mix in the clams.  Add cream cheese and mix thoroughly with a fork.  If you want it smoother you can use a hand mixer on it, but I usually don't.  Sometimes I add a little more clam juice if I want it creamier.

Fantastic on barbequed potato chips, or Ruffles plain potato chips.  Awfully darned good on wheat thins, too.  Anyone who has had this asks me to make it again the next time, or gingerly inquires as to availability at our house.  Totally great recipe.

Saving so I can make this later!

On 12/12/2018 at 9:27 PM, ScoutTN said:

Super plain and ordinary, but yummy, fast, snd easy:

1 block of softened cream cheese

Pour one jar of red pepper jelly over cheese.

Serve with good plain crackers. 

My maternal grandmother always served this, with homemade red pepper jelly. Now my mom does. 

• Like 1