Menu

Zoloft question

happi duck

How long has she been taking it?  How is she doing?

I was on it for a month, and by week 2 I could not have cared if the house burned down.  I hate to think of what it would be like if I mixed alcohol with it.  I have friends who I didn't even know took it until I knew for a few years and I know I had drinks with them.  They were just fine.

• Thanks 1

I have been on a low dose of Zoloft for years. I don't drink often - more because there just isn't any that I care for all that much. When I do drink, it's never more than 1 drink, though. DH never drinks, and I have him on alert to keep a close eye on me, but nothing weird has ever happened.

• Thanks 1

My oldest ds is on it and waited for his dosage to get settled before trying alcohol again. He is a very light, occasional drinker and has had no issues, but we were super cautious and I didn't allow him to drink at all unless dh or I were driving him home as we tested it out. We're not regular drinkers so at first I wondered why the kid had to tempt the whole thing at all--just be a non-drinker, maybe? lol--but ds was almost 23 so what are you gonna do.  lol  He seems to be settled into what works for him and I'm relieved!

• Thanks 1

The long paperwork (insert) gave no mention.  The bottle has a sticker.  The prescriber said it's okay to drink but she thinks "why not just not drink?"  The internet is mixed.

We're just getting prepared for whether or not to have a glass of wine at my brother's house.

My anxious dd likes to be prepared.

Edited by happi duck
Clarity
  • Like 1