Menu

Year in review Days 9 and 10

sassenach

Biggest accomplishment

Day 10: This year I...

•  

Biggest accomplishment: flew to and from France alone; visited sites in France alone. Sorry to keep harping on my trip to France as if nobody has ever done such a thing, but for me is was absolutely enormous. It is rare that I charge forth into an extremely unfamiliar situation relying only on myself to get by. But I did that and I feel very accomplished for it. 

This year I embarked on a plan to be certain to have one brand new experience at least once every month. I keep track of what my “new experience” is for each month, although most months I squeeze in more than one. Sometimes these are big experiences (like going to France), sometimes they are small (like eating a food I have never tried). I did also fine-tune this idea after cancer entered my life: the new experience has to be a positive one. Breast cancer surgery, for example, does not count towards my October experience! (Just for the fun of it, my actual October experience was that I attended a Tiny House Expo at the fairgrounds.) 

• Like 1

Day 9 : Biggest accomplishment - making it through the year. We had multiple stressful situations and I'm just happy the year is over.

Day 10: This year I...I need to go back and read my journal from last December and January to determine how I should respond to this prompt.

-

Quill: if I had traveled to France, I would repeatedly discuss it. I have never traveled outside of the US and an experience like that would put me on cloud nine. I say you should keep sharing. You may remember new little details that renew your joy. I also like your "new experience every month" challenge. I think that is wonderful and a great way to keep moving forward.

I haven't participated in these threads yet, but maybe I'll go back through and catch up.

Day 9: Biggest accomplishment -- graduating ds18 from homeschool high school.  I homeschooled him all the way through.

Day 10: This year I... -- actually made a list of goals that I wanted to accomplish -- and it helped.  I accomplished many of them!

• Like 1