Menu

All About Reading in Color

Lecka

I hear you. I own all 4 levels of AAR and I'm super bummed that I will forever know that they *could* be in color, and we have black and white. But oh well. I'm on level 2 with kid #5/6 so not much to go. I guess it never bothered anyone else. But, for those on the fence or who are looking for a reading program, this has got to be the most beautiful, quality program I've ever seen-now that it's in color. Just wow. 

• Like 2

It never actually bothered me that it was black and white, but the color samples look soooo pretty!  Last kiddo is working through the program now and isn't bothered by the b&w, so we definitely won't be buying again.  Not so crazy about the price increase either, but at least they are beautifully bound books for the $$.  I have a huge pet peeve with companies that charge a premium (Artistic Pursuits, for example) and then use something cheap like comb binding.  Seriously, this bugs me.  And has nothing to do with AAR and the new color editions.  Carry on. LOL

• Like 1

I own some of the AAR reading books, but my youngest is beyond the age of using them. I was out to dinner last night with a group of homeschool moms & we talked about AAR in color. One of the moms looked at me & said, "Why do you even know this? Your kids can all read!"

"Hello, my name is RootAnn. I'm a curriculum research junkie."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2