Menu

Super random: “greener” oilcloth?

madteaparty

55 minutes ago, Margaret in CO said:

Would marine canvas work?

Thanks, both. I don’t think either marine or waxed canvass would work as I need to wrap the table up tight in it and be able to wipe down, etc.

it currently has a clear plastic cover/sheet over the wood which is nice as it protects it. But I ruined the plastic (gingerbread house project gone wrong, frosting cemented, you get the idea. 

Edited by madteaparty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Acadie said:

I'd love to find something like this too.

What do you think of this product? Water-based urethane. Their FAQs section has the most detailed info. Not cheap, and limited sizes/patterns seem like the down sides to me.

https://impwearhome.com

Amy

This link is what I found before, and this would work, except that I don’t love the designs. 

54 minutes ago, Acadie said:

Wondering how much a glass top would cost--probably a lot! Easy to clean with a razor if something gets stuck on it.

I had a friend order a plastic cover for her butcher block table and she had them put a lip around the four sides so it goes on like a box lid. It has held up for years in her kitchen. It us a bit clunky and may have been expensive...

3 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

Would a few layers of clear paint protect the desks enough that you could forego a covering?

I suppose, though that that’s not very pretty, it doesn’t really solve my chemicals problem (the table is built-in, I can’t take outside to paint it), and also, I need a very washable surface, DD does crafts at this table. 

Edited by madteaparty

1 hour ago, itsheresomewhere said:

Would plexiglass work for you?  You can cut it to shape very easy and lowes/Home Depot sell lots of sizes.  I have a piece of it on DD craft table I she doesn’t ruin her area with glue.  

I didn’t know Lowe’s/Home Depot sold this. Plexiglass is what we have now(inhereted from contractor prior owner), but I left some icing from a fail of a gingerbread house project on, and it’s basically cemented. So this needs tossed, but happy to know Home Depot might have my size in a shiny new piece! Thank you 🙂

not as pretty but we can stick little things like schedules and cute sayings underneath...