Menu

A murder of crows? Have you heard this phrasing?

Ann.without.an.e

In one of DD's poems she wants to twist the meaning of something but the reader must know that a group of crows can be called a murder in order to get it.  She is nervous to assume this understanding. It will be a brilliant use if the reader understands her reference but it will flop if they do not.  This will be submitted to a contest, so the readers should be well versed in literature?  I would hope?  

Do you think that most people will know what she is referencing?  

Edited by Attolia

3 minutes ago, Attolia said:

In one of DD's poems she wants to twist the meaning of something but the reader must know that a group of crows can be called a murder in order to get it.  She is nervous to assume this understanding. It will be a brilliant use if the reader understands her reference but it will flop if they do not.  This will be submitted to a contest, so the readers should be well versed in literature?  I would hope?  

Do you think that most people will know what she is referencing?  

Yes I do think they will know. 

• Like 2

The person who posted the "attempted murder" pic on FB had several FB asking to for an explanation, posting ? marks, and things like "huh" and "I don't get it."  I went to high school with some of them.  At my high school the majority of students were from other states. That's why I say don't assume it's generally known.