Menu

Scheduling

I'm a Montessori teacher and I pulled my daughter out of a Montessori school at age 5 to homeschool her. She's now 12 and still homeschooling.

I don't know if my experiences would be helpful to you or not, but I'm happy to try to help if you like.

Our homeschooling style isn't exactly Classical. It's a tad unschooly and rather eclectic, but also quite academically rigorous. And we're not afterschooling. It's full homeschooling.

But having said all that, I'll try to help if I can.

@chocolate-chip chooky For me, Montessori means hands on, sequential, and child-led. I see this being most beneficial in math, which is why I am attracted to the Right Start program. I am flirting with the idea of pulling her out entirely so the afterschooling efforts are a dry run for that and, as such, I'd like to start with resources that I can carry into full time home education, if that's the route we opt for. I'm really interested in your decision to pull your child at 5 years old. Would it be possible to DM you to discuss, assuming of course you're open to it?

Edited by ca06c

7 minutes ago, ca06c said:

@chocolate-chip chooky For me, Montessori means hands on, sequential, and child-led. I see this being most beneficial in math, which is why I am attracted to the Right Start program. I am flirting with the idea of pulling her out entirely so the afterschooling efforts are a dry run for that and, as such, I'd like to start with resources that I can carry into full time home education, if that's the route we opt for. I'm really interested in your decision to pull your child at 5 years old. Would it be possible to DM you to discuss, assuming of course you're open to it?

Absolutely. Hopefully I can be of help in some way, even if it's just to bounce some ideas around.

I'll also add that my two older children went right through Montessori until ages 12/13. Homeschooling my youngest is about her unique needs, not about Montessori.

So, I have experience as a parent of children in Montessori schools, as a teacher in a Montessori school, and as a Montessori person who homeschools a child who needed something different.