Jump to content

Menu

2018 Christmas Tree pictures


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We've gone for a smaller and skinnier tree the past couple of years. Also, I have to add one of the cutest dog in the world. Just because   

deleted for privacy    

Ours is a pencil tree since our house is so small.     

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Thatboyofmine said:

Speaking of pets....  here are my two.  The tree is just out of the pic but they’re laying in front of their ‘fireplace’ with one wayward snowman ornament.  Don’t know who knocked that down.  🙄

 

4338BCE8-1846-4FEA-9337-A118B55A2853.jpeg

Oh my goodness! That is so cute with them all huddled up to their fireplace. 😂 I have a cold natured girl who would LOVE one of those! 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love all the trees. We haven't been to get ours this year yet. 

I remember the first year I was on the boards someone posted the most beautiful photo of their tree. They did some kind of photographer magic on it and put 2 photos together or something but it was the most beautiful picture!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thatboyofmine said:

Speaking of pets....  here are my two.  The tree is just out of the pic but they’re laying in front of their ‘fireplace’ with one wayward snowman ornament.  Don’t know who knocked that down.  🙄

 

4338BCE8-1846-4FEA-9337-A118B55A2853.jpeg

I love these sweet babies!!! 💖It's obvious they are loved. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't pushed it back in it's final position, and a bit of tweaking to do, but essentially done.  which is always nice to be able to move the furniture back.

I don't normally like "theme" trees - so I made a rule everything had to be homemade. I've added to it over the years.

I 843978815_2018-12-0421_40_58.thumb.jpg.15c978413d7aeb5c4a9a6d1d1051bf99.jpg

  • Like 19
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rachel said:

Did you put colored and white lights on the same tree?

you can also buy LED lights that switch back and forth between white and multi.

costco's tree's this year switch back and forth.   pity I didn't like them (i do not like sheered trees).  the top section on mine is broken - so it needs to be replaced.  haven't found one I like.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

I haven't pushed it back in it's final position, and a bit of tweaking to do, but essentially done.  which is always nice to be able to move the furniture back.

I don't normally like "theme" trees - so I made a rule everything had to be homemade. I've added to it over the years.

I 843978815_2018-12-0421_40_58.thumb.jpg.15c978413d7aeb5c4a9a6d1d1051bf99.jpg

 

That’s beautiful!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Thatboyofmine said:

Speaking of pets....  here are my two.  The tree is just out of the pic but they’re laying in front of their ‘fireplace’ with one wayward snowman ornament.  Don’t know who knocked that down.  🙄

 

4338BCE8-1846-4FEA-9337-A118B55A2853.jpeg

And now I'm feeling like maybe I should get my pooch his own fireplace. :laugh:

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re not too fancy here. I’ve always loved snowflakes, so most of the ornaments are snowflakes. The children have a tree upstairs (that we haven’t yet set up) and they decorate it all themselves, meaning I don’t get uptight about clusters of ornaments and completely bare places. 😊 

27BAFD1F-1E45-46DA-BBA9-74E3964D668B.jpeg

  • Like 19
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

you can also buy LED lights that switch back and forth between white and multi.

costco's tree's this year switch back and forth.   pity I didn't like them (i do not like sheered trees).  the top section on mine is broken - so it needs to be replaced.  haven't found one I like.

Half of us like colored lights, the other half like white, so we have been putting up both on the tree for years.  Sometimes we plug in the colors, sometimes the white, sometimes both, so that everyone is happy.  Very cloever that you can buy LED lights that’ll switch back and forth.  I didn’t know you could get lights like that.

 

Edited by Garga
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

C432D23A-D5AC-4FDC-84C9-27104ABE4209.jpeg

 

For a number of years, I’ve had a different theme every year for Christmas.  This year started out that way (red/green/gold), but quickly got out of hand.  It’s hard to tell from the picture, but this tree is packed to the gills with ornaments of all kinds of colors. 🙂.  It’s hard to find a branch without something stuffed on it.  (Except for the bottom branches because we have 5 cats and any ornaments on the bottom branches are instantly labeled “cat toys” by the felines in the house.)

Edited by Garga
  • Like 20
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Garga said:

Half of us like colored lights, the other half like white, so we have been putting up both on the tree for years.  Sometimes we plug in the colors, sometimes the white, sometimes both, so that everyone is happy.  Very cloever that you can buy LED lights that’ll switch back and forth.  I didn’t know you could get lights like that.

 

 

My kids prefer colored lights, but I like white lights.  Since they no longer want to help decorate the tree, white lights it is!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

you can also buy LED lights that switch back and forth between white and multi.

costco's tree's this year switch back and forth.   pity I didn't like them (i do not like sheered trees).  the top section on mine is broken - so it needs to be replaced.  haven't found one I like.

 

When we need new lights, maybe I’ll get those so it can look like a different tree every day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snickerplum said:

We’re not too fancy here. I’ve always loved snowflakes, so most of the ornaments are snowflakes. The children have a tree upstairs (that we haven’t yet set up) and they decorate it all themselves, meaning I don’t get uptight about clusters of ornaments and completely bare places. 😊 

27BAFD1F-1E45-46DA-BBA9-74E3964D668B.jpeg

I like simple!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is our little tree. We just got it this year - an artificial 6 ft tree. I like that it's more compact. Dh decorated all by himself because I was gone for three days. Lights came out weird. They looks like different sizes while they are all the same.

Christmas Tree 2018.jpg

Edited by Liz CA
  • Like 16
Link to post
Share on other sites

We have our trees up and lit, but they aren't decorated yet.

Our smaller tree has lights, but many of them were burnt out again this year.  Dh set up dd14 at the dining room table with a multimeter and they fixed the tree.  :)  I'm calling it a science lab.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 12:16 AM, MercyA said:

I love these sweet babies!!! 💖It's obvious they are loved. 

We do, too!  They makes all our lives just so much better somehow.   They are full of mischief, the chihuahua is a jerk a lot of the time, and the beagle sheds like crazy, but we’re nuts about them.  💛

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Thatboyofmine said:

We do, too!  They makes all our lives just so much better somehow.   They are full of mischief, the chihuahua is a jerk a lot of the time, and the beagle sheds like crazy, but we’re nuts about them.  💛

My chi-mix was a little menace, but he was my first baby and I loved him like crazy. And the first dog I knew well was my grandma's sweet beagle, who was a Very Good Girl but still stole hot dogs from children. 😊

Our spaniel doesn't have a mean bone in her body and is as sweet as they come, but she's also quite the little diva and isn't afraid to let us know exactly what she wants and then sometimes pout if she doesn't get it. 😄

They are all their own little people, aren't they? So thankful for them! 

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got ours up and finished! We fill a big glass bowl with some of the shiny ball ornaments as a counter decoration. We always have a real tree, for the lovely pine smell every time we come into the house. And after the holidays, I snip off the branches and use them for mulch around the outdoor plants, which lasts until well into the following autumn. And the trunk gets cut into several logs, which go camping with us in summer to add to a camp fire. So Christmas and our tree are with us all year...

 

tree.JPG

ornaments.JPG

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 19
Link to post
Share on other sites

Photo of my tree up close. This year I went with white wrapping paper with buffalo check ribbon.  I ended up removing the tree skirt and putting down white "snow".

2018-12-07 16.35.07 (2).jpg

2018-12-08 12.03.24.jpg

Edited by LadyR
  • Like 16
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, happi duck said:

Great thread!  I love seeing photos!

I can't figure out sharing photos but we got our tree up and decorated this past Thursday!

We have white twinkling lights, lots of animal ornaments, and rainbow garland.

 

It’s very easy on this new platform. Just hit the paper clip below and select your photo.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We also had a little snowman themed tree in a front hallway and both of my daughters have trees in their bedrooms. One of my daughters has a ballet themed tree and the other has a horse themed tree. I haven’t taken pictures of those though. We just bought a real tree for our dining room today. We haven’t decorated it yet, but it is fruit themed. 

E250E3C3-4230-4142-8DBF-E3B48DCB067C.thumb.jpeg.fc8fffe30572f9ba30ff5b4ebf7c2c90.jpeg

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually have a family tree and my own “pretty” tree, but we did minimal decorating this year so just the family tree. Bonus picture of my mantle because I made the wood palette centerpiece sign a couple years ago and I’m right proud of it. 

0FE28A79-C309-42EA-A6B4-109397782669.jpeg

A32B5895-1596-49F7-9B45-92D59A2C4941.jpeg

  • Like 15
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok here is my real picture. I’m struggling with Christmas this year for a variety of reasons I don’t need to go into, but I’m trying for my kids. I let them do the ornaments by themselves!  I’ve resisted the urge to rearrange with the exception of breakable ones hung precariously or that might be too tempting for the puppy. The sun is actually out today so the lights don’t appear too bright in this picture, but there are lots of lights and was able to fix the messed up strands. 

4650ACAF-AB9A-421A-AB0D-B9DDD35727EF.jpeg

  • Like 16
Link to post
Share on other sites

The first tree is our main tree that the family decorates together.  Many of the ornaments were made by someone in the family or were picked up as a memory boost for a special activity that we did.

The second tree is the pretty tree.  Dd16 decorates this tree every year.

The third tree is the little blue tree in dd16 and dd14's room.  Dd14 decorated the tree.  Also, she made all of the doll costumes that are pictured!

IMG_9418.JPG

IMG_9417.JPG

IMG_9409.JPG

  • Like 16
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...