Menu

2018 Christmas Tree pictures

school17777

8 hours ago, school17777 said:

Are myblessings4 and I the only ones with trees up yet?

Here’s a picture of our kitchen window:

We were hoping to go yesterday to get a tree, but we just couldn't squeeze it in.  the next two weekends are going to be packed.  I hope we'll get a bit of time to go.  It's just three of us and our son is 17 so it doesn't need to be a big production like when the kids were little.  

However, we pulled all the Christmas decorations out yesterday.  My youngest two grandkids are here today having a jolly time looking through the stuff.  I wish I was better at decorating.

• Like 1

This tree is completely random but I love it.  We bought the tree in Mexico and it’s been in several other countries since then.  Can you find Teddy Roosevelt? An ankle bone from a sheep in Kyrgyzstan? A skeleton from Mexico? The Eiffel Tower? An AT-AT? A traditional piñata? A San Francisco street car?

A1285FBC-BFF2-4F89-92F7-2B183C02812E.jpeg

• Like 18

4 hours ago, Amira said:

This tree is completely random but I love it.  We bought the tree in Mexico and it’s been in several other countries since then.  Can you find Teddy Roosevelt? An ankle bone from a sheep in Kyrgyzstan? A skeleton from Mexico? The Eiffel Tower? An AT-AT? A traditional piñata? A San Francisco street car?

A1285FBC-BFF2-4F89-92F7-2B183C02812E.jpeg

I looked for everything, but the picture gets blurry when I try to zoom in.  What is an At- At?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, school17777 said:

Are myblessings4 and I the only ones with trees up yet?

The tree is up and I added some lights to the prelit section that burned out. The skirt is under it and the cats have claimed their sections underneath the tree. It's not decorated yet though. Outdoor lights are mostly up with a few more to go tomorrow night (ds is working today so he can't finish until tomorrow). I'm slowly putting up little decorations around the house. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AmandaVT said:

I have a fat tree problem this year. I swear, it didn't look this big at the farm! 

LOL!  We downsized our artificial tree this year to a smaller diameter (same height). I kept texting DH from the big box store: "How about this one?" And all the ones I thought would work were ALL as big as/bigger than what we already had!  Surroundings definitely affect perception of size!

This is my parents' tree, probably bought in the 60's or early 70's.  I've always loved it, and Mom gifted it to us when we moved away, along with many of her vintage Hallmark ornaments.  I actually hadn't put it up the last couple of years because of babies being too little (we still had a tree, just really small/not so nice).  It was a real treat for the older kids and I to decorate it this year.  The best part is that the tree hasn't bothered dh's allergies much at all, as we were very careful to vacuum each piece and take other precautions before setting it up.  He's had trouble with artificial trees brought out of storage before.

tree.jpg

• Like 20

For the first time in our married life, we have a fake tree. I got annoyed with paying each year for something I toss out after a few short weeks. I wonder what ds will say. He has not seen the tree yet. I bet the thought process will be something like: "Oh, mom & dad are old enough now to have an artificial tree."  😄

It is compact and a tad shorter than what we usually buy, Can't post pics because I am not home right now.

But please keep all your pics coming!

3 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

I like my tree, but this is my favorite Christmas decoration this year. Best advent calendar ever!

IMG_3990.thumb.JPG.bd24536853638a951a0dac05e9063f23.JPG

(So far I've opened Harry, Luna, a thestral, and Tom Riddle.)

I love this (and the Platform 9-3/4 ornament @purpleowl has). I'm going to Universal Orlando on Saturday and might look for some HP related decorations. I also will likely get something for ddil, who is a huge Potterhead.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Indigo Blue said:

Thank you so much. 🙂 I was holding my hand up and snapping my fingers above the camera to try to get her to look up at me. It was hard. All the trees in this thread are so beautiful. It's so much fun seeing them.

I keep scrolling back to your picture and oohing over how perfect it all is. 

Well, I started putting up the tree. I’m not in the mood yet but the kids are so excited so I’m trying to power through. I got the lights done last night so the kids could start decorating today. Then my daughter was curious how the bulbs worked and pulled one out from the middle of the tree. I have replaced it with three times but can’t get that strand of lights to work anymore! Then the strand above it quit working too.  I’m really hoping I can take them off without undoing all the lights!F4A0E520-A471-49B3-8AE8-B8DE8FC26073.thumb.jpeg.117e9b8e527d334a3cfcf1fa7bf9725f.jpeg

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Thatboyofmine said:

Speaking of pets....  here are my two.  The tree is just out of the pic but they’re laying in front of their ‘fireplace’ with one wayward snowman ornament.  Don’t know who knocked that down.  🙄

4338BCE8-1846-4FEA-9337-A118B55A2853.jpeg

Oh my goodness! That is so cute with them all huddled up to their fireplace. 😂 I have a cold natured girl who would LOVE one of those! 

• Like 5

I love all the trees. We haven't been to get ours this year yet. 

I remember the first year I was on the boards someone posted the most beautiful photo of their tree. They did some kind of photographer magic on it and put 2 photos together or something but it was the most beautiful picture!