Menu

Daily Math Equations

JIN MOUSA

I'd like to have DD begin doing 4 problems each day, consisting of 1 each of:

- addition (3- or 4-digit numbers)

- subtraction (3- or 4-digit numbers)

- multiplication (a 3- or 4-digit number multiplied by a 1-digit number)

- and eventually long division (a 1-digit divisor with a 3- or 4-digit dividend)

I realize I could make my own, but I wanted to see if anyone has already found something useful like this. We do regular fact practice for multiplication and division, but I think she'd benefit from consistent practice in the process for longer problems.  

I have my son do this, and I ended up making my own.  His sheets also include one order of operations problem (with parentheses but no exponents yet), one fraction addition (with like denominators) that he has to simplify and draw the answer, and one number to divide into its prime factors.

What I ended up doing was making a template in PowerPoint.  It has grids for all the arithmetic, lines for the order of operation practice, a place to draw the fractions, etc.  Then I generated all the problems and answers in Excel.  (The order of operations problems I grabbed from free online worksheets.)  It only took about half an hour in front of the TV to hand write the Excel problems onto 50 printed templates.

I then printed all the answers on one sheet so that I can quickly check his work each day.

Wendy  

• Like 1