Menu

PlanToEat Friends

Shelly in VA

I just subscribed to PlanToEat.com. Hopeful that this will help me get my meal planning game back on track! I believe that you can share recipes with friends on the site if you know usernames. Can we start a thread to share usernames for anyone who is interested?

My PlanToEat username: sandsmertz

See you there!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

I don't have your email, and it says they will never share my email with anyone. Not that it would be hard to guess mine.

I can see your city/state, Slache, but not Shelly's, and I haven't added mine.

We used to get email that said Whitehawkatemail.com has sent you a friend request.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrsRobinson said:

I'm MrsR

I haven't used this in a very long time but I'm in a meal rut so I'm gonna give it another whirl. 

So far I'm finding the app confusing. Is it a staples list? Is it a weekly shopping list I fill in every week? 😬 

I have not used the app, I was wondering...This is how I use Plan to Eat:

First: I keep Plan to Eat as my homepage on my computer office that sits adjacent to kitchen.  That way, when I run to the computer to call up a recipe to make, it is quickly at hand.  I have thought about placing a bracket inside a kitchen cabinet to hold our iPad so that I could pull up the app at eye level & not have to run back and forth from the office LOL!  So, I cannot comment on the app, but I am thinking of using it.  

I am slowly eliminating my handwritten recipes by typing them into Plantoeat.  So, a fair number on my account are 'original' and made on a regular basis.  You all friending me is making me get my tags in order LOL!  If you see/use a recipe that say's 'Ginny's' in the title that is from my late mother and warms my heart to think that someone may make one of her recipes! 

I rarely plan a week, but when I do ... what a great grocery list.   The grocery list is only as streamlined as the recipe ingredients.  I need to go in there and clean up my ingredients - make them all 'parallel'.  I wrote recipes for a living way back in the day, and I find the inconsistencies, d/t my own entry diff's and some being downloads, annoying=)

2 hours ago, Erica in OR said:

I just sent requests to the people in this thread that I'm not friends with on Plan To Eat already. You'll see a request from a three-letter username, starting with E (would rather not post username).

Erica in OR

I have friended you and MrsR - looking forward to making your Lemon-lime Soda at my next potluck and MrsR's Slow-Cooker Tamale Pie!

Edited by Familia
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Familia said:

I have not used the app, I was wondering...This is how I use Plan to Eat:

First: I keep Plan to Eat as my homepage on my computer office that sits adjacent to kitchen.  That way, when I run to the computer to call up a recipe to make, it is quickly at hand.  I have thought about placing a bracket inside a kitchen cabinet to hold our iPad so that I could pull up the app at eye level & not have to run back and forth from the office LOL!  So, I cannot comment on the app, but I am thinking of using it.  

You all friending me is making me get my tags in order LOL!  If you see/use a recipe that say's 'Ginny's' in the title that is from my late mother and warms my heart to think that someone may make one of her recipes!

I have friended you and MrsR - looking forward to making your Lemon-lime Soda at my next potluck and MrsR's Slow-Cooker Tamale Pie!

Well I've been playing around on the app for the last couple hours in between mom tasks and I think I have it figured out. Its on shopping list and I can enter items to the shopping list (separated by store- love that since I have to go to a couple) or I can switch from shopping list to staples list and whatever I click the checkbox for will import into the shopping list... as far as I can tell.  😄 

I am going to try Ginny's Tuna Noodle Casserole! Tuna and noddles are one of the few things my texture averse kid will eat!

The tamale pie was so good the first time I made it. The 2nd time was pretty meh. Maybe I did something wrong. It is definitely good enough for a potluck, though, lol! 😂

49 minutes ago, MrsRobinson said:

I am going to try Ginny's Tuna Noodle Casserole! Tuna and noddles are one of the few things my texture averse kid will eat!

The tamale pie was so good the first time I made it. The 2nd time was pretty meh. Maybe I did something wrong. It is definitely good enough for a potluck, though, lol! 😂

Aww!  Just fair warning:  It won't taste like hers😹  She lived with us for awhile.  Before she moved out, I watched over her shoulder as she made it to write down exactly what she did -- she cracked me up when she said things like, "use almost a full can of soup...use just short of a bag a noodles"!  But, as long as you top it with potato chips, you can't go wrong.

Why is it that recipes change so much from one time to the next (re: your tamale pie)?

• Haha 2