Menu

History Books by Edward Eggleston

Kfamily

I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if Stories of Great Americans for Little Americans had been edited and updated in the Memoria Press edition?

Has any other company edited and updated his A First Book in American History

I'm specifically looking for editions that have been edited and modernized. 

ETA: Also, does anyone know if A Child's First Book of American History by Earl Schenck Miers, recently republished by Beautiful Feet Books, has been edited and updated?

Edited by Kfamily

I could really use some help with this question. I have already looked everywhere I knew possible to find out more information about these books. I only need to know if they have been edited. I would like to avoid purchasing a book just on the hope that it has been edited. I can already find these books in the public domain as an unedited version, so I don't really want to buy them just to discover they were not edited. Does that make sense?  I've also looked at the actual websites (Memoria Press and Beautiful Feet Books) and neither one states explicitly that they were edited. I would really appreciate any help! Thank you! 🙂

1 hour ago, Kfamily said:

I could really use some help with this question. I have already looked everywhere I knew possible to find out more information about these books. I only need to know if they have been edited. I would like to avoid purchasing a book just on the hope that it has been edited. I can already find these books in the public domain as an unedited version, so I don't really want to buy them just to discover they were not edited. Does that make sense?  I've also looked at the actual websites (Memoria Press and Beautiful Feet Books) and neither one states explicitly that they were edited. I would really appreciate any help! Thank you! 🙂

I don't know the answer, but have you tried just emailing the companies?

I thought I'd share back what I've learned. If you already own and have used either of these books, then I'm sure you already know whether you had to "edit on the fly" or not, but for those of you who did not own either book or have not seen these books I've included what I've learned below. 

Memoria Press replied that their edition of Edward Eggleston's Stories of Great Americans for Little Americans had been edited and that "offensive language was removed". 

Beautiful Feet Books also replied that they "did update and edit the language" in their edition of A Child's First Book of American History by Earl Schenck Miers. 

• Like 1