Menu

VENT - on trac UPDATE in #1

gardenmom5

I had a big online order from HD. . . coming in four boxes.  fine, not a problem.  I have one box of two of the bigger ticket items.  (there were three in the order).  so, I go check when the other boxes are due. . . . . . the other big ticket item . . . . comes up as delivered.  um, no. it has not been delivered.

get voice mail h3ll trying to get to a real person to find out what can be done "dispute it with your bank". . . .really?

I live on a dead end that is off a dead end street of 1/2 acre lot size.   it's quiet.   I'm more inclined to think the ontrac driver didn't deliver it - but checked it as delivered than that someone stole it off my porch.  it has happened before - but it shows up the next day.   I'm just frustrated and angry.

maybe I do need a front door camera . . . . .

UPDATE:

per HD - I called my bank and disputed the charge. (for the amount of the missing box.)  he forwarded it on to whatever dept handles that stuff.

I sent off an electronic complaint via "contact us" to ontrac . . . .

after reading through pages and pages of complaints and many sites for their lack of actually delivering things,  I called their CS number.  "oh, the driver couldnt' find your address (BS), and it is now listed as out for delivery" . . .meaning it will be delivered today. . . . (when it was "guaranteed" to be delivered last wednesday).  we'll see if it shows up.   It's not that big of a deal to go to HD to pick up an order, but it would have been really nice to have it delivered to my house.  Now, I won't trust them to actually deliver an order as I can't prevent them from using ontrac. (this is hardly a new issue with them.)   at least when it's been an amazon order, - they will send out a replacement without the hoop jumping HD has made me do.

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, PrincessMommy said:

I've had that happen.  They check it off as delivered...but no - it comes several hours (or a day) later.  Ugh. 

I've had it come the next day - but that's passed.

I probably will call the bank on monday, just because "holiday weekend".   we'll see if it shows up first.

• Like 1

I called HD - they told me to dispute the charge for the "not actually" delivered items with my bank.

I looked up about contacting ontrac . . .I found page after page of complaints about how things were marked as delivered - but weren't.  sometimes they showed up when the replacement item showed up.   sometimes they never showed up.

I wish there was a way to tell the store  I don't want ontrac as a shipper.  I guess with HD, I'll just have to hassle doing an in store pick up in future.

45 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

As I tell them, If I didn’t sign for it the delivery didn’t happen.  No bueno.  I hope it shows up with no drama tomorrow or Monday 😞

amazon deliveries are starting to take a picture and text it to me to prove it was delivered.

We have had so many issues with OnTrac delivery with amazon packages. My favorite one was when they threw our package over the neighbor's fence into the corner of their yard. The neighbor never noticed it, but somehow one of our kids did. It had been there for over a week.  This is the kind of service I have come to expect from them, and I cringe every time I see that they are the ones delivering one of my packages.

I know this post is of no help. I just felt compelled to share.😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1