Menu

Sending a Transcript Question...

TheReader

Oldest DS has applied and (almost, we think, maybe, probably*) been accepted to a Really Big School in Texas (not in Austin) AS A TRANSFER STUDENT set to begin in January. 

Once officially accepted he has to also submit his final, official high school (home school) transcript, which I have to mail in. No problem. 

BUT, should I send in the copy I signed right after he graduated (June 2016) and saved, OR sign a new copy *now* (Nov 2018) when his graduation was May 2016? Would it be more weird to send the one signed in June 2016, but sent now......or to sign a document from 2016, with today's date, and send....?  (or am I so overthinking this that it doesn't matter anyway....?)

They do NOT need it notarized, if that helps. 

*so, the portal where he checks his application status went from having 3 tabs to 6 tabs on top, which all the forums relating to this school say is "the sign" you're in and shows up before the status updates from "complete" to "accepted"; also, the myHousing portal opened as well and he was able to do his housing app. So....just in case, sending in the final docs they need, BUT not telling "people" until it shows officially. Although the Admissions guy I spoke with, to get the address where to send the transcript, suggested DS call the dept because the portal doesn't update until the dept notifies admissions.....and that sometimes (apparently kind of a lot) the depts make their decisions, but forget to notify admissions to update everything. 

Totally coming at this from the position of "I don't know," but think about what if he was a public school graduate. If he requested his transcript now, they'd probably print a new one, sign it (or use their signature stamps, more likely), and date it now. At least, that's what I think my high school did when I had to request my high school transcript after being accepted to my first job. So, I think it would be okay to print off a new one, sign & date with the recent date, and send. (Tentative congrats to your son.)

7 minutes ago, RootAnn said:

Totally coming at this from the position of "I don't know," but think about what if he was a public school graduate. If he requested his transcript now, they'd probably print a new one, sign it (or use their signature stamps, more likely), and date it now. At least, that's what I think my high school did when I had to request my high school transcript after being accepted to my first job. So, I think it would be okay to print off a new one, sign & date with the recent date, and send. (Tentative congrats to your son.)

Thanks! Really hoping for some official word, soon.....it's nerve wracking. We still have to wait on housing,financial aid, etc.....and classes begin in January.....

I don't think I dated the signature block. I had date of report at the top of the page. When I made the final changes for the final official transcript I stopped updating that date.  

If I requested a copy of one of my own old transcripts I wouldn't assume it would come with a new current date.

Edited by Sebastian (a lady)
  • Like 1