Menu

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Bargain Thread

Catwoman

Ok, experienced shoppers, what’s the deal with this: item shows on the scanned flier linked above, but nowhere on the respective retailer’s website promotional materials? DH says the discount is massive enough that it should be a door buster or whatever. Item actually doesn’t even show on the website (but they do have it in stores). Asking for a DH...

Dh would like to buy 2 Samsung Chromebooks. Best Buy is supposed to have them as door busters. Does that mean he’d have to fight for one when the store opens because I think he’d rather not. Would love to take the lazy route and buy them online. Much appreciated if anyone spots them somewhere online or elsewhere!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Plum Crazy said:

Do you have to play online? We’ve only ever had Xbox and i’d Like to avoid the annual live card. The kids want to play Spider-Man, dh wants Red Dead 2 and God of War. Can those be played offline?

I asked ds.  He doesn't have those games but thinks they can be played offline.  He said if you can see the box it will say internet required if you have to have the card.  Some games can be played both online or offline

I know nothing about these games. 

Edited by Baseball mom

2 hours ago, Plum Crazy said:

Do you have to play online? We’ve only ever had Xbox and i’d Like to avoid the annual live card. The kids want to play Spider-Man, dh wants Red Dead 2 and God of War. Can those be played offline?

DH and oldest DS are playing Spiderman (borrowed from the library... if your library carries video games, it's a free way to spend a couple weeks figuring out if it's worth spending money on!), and I don't think it requires online connection except for updates.

RD2 might require online connection though.  Not sure about God of War.

On 11/19/2018 at 9:30 AM, BeachGal said:

Dh would like to buy 2 Samsung Chromebooks. Best Buy is supposed to have them as door busters. Does that mean he’d have to fight for one when the store opens because I think he’d rather not. Would love to take the lazy route and buy them online. Much appreciated if anyone spots them somewhere online or elsewhere!

Last year, they were available online, but you have to be watching for the deals to go live so you can order the most popular items quickly. I got everything I wanted from Best Buy online last year, without having to stand in line for hours before the store opened. I ended up going to the store after the crowds died down and I found some more things to buy, but I’d already gotten all of my important stuff online so there was no stress. 🙂

• Like 2

I work for a major retailer, and today we put up all the signs for our Thanksgiving/Black Friday specials.

And some of the prices were higher than they were yesterday. Seriously.

Buyer beware! 

One of my coworkers also pointed out several things that are much cheaper at Costco right now. Like less than half of the supposed specials.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Press Minion said:

This might not be exactly what you're asking about, but Well-Trained Mind Press will be having a Cyber Monday sale. All day Monday, all downloadable products (MP3, PDF) will be discounted by 40%.

1 hour ago, Press Minion said:

This might not be exactly what you're asking about, but Well-Trained Mind Press will be having a Cyber Monday sale. All day Monday, all downloadable products (MP3, PDF) will be discounted by 40%.

Ah dang!  Just bought my Wtm stuff a week ago!  Oh well.

1 hour ago, G5052 said:

work for a major retailer, and today we put up all the signs for our Thanksgiving/Black Friday specials.

And some of the prices were higher than they were yesterday. Seriously.

Buyer beware! 

One of my coworkers also pointed out several things that are much cheaper at Costco right now. Like less than half of the supposed specials.

I noticed this last year with Kohls.  Their sales the week before black friday are better than during black friday, except for the loss leaders that get you into the store like the really cheap pillows, throws, and other really marked down things.  Those are obviously things they lose money on but it gets people in the door to spend more money on other items

• Like 1

23&Me health is $99 on amazon today and  tomorrow. (that's half price, but price of the year)

ancestry is $49 ON the ancestry site.  I think it's through the weekend. 

dh has decided he wants to do it too.  (but only ancestry.)  so, I'll run his through promethease (which gives some health info for about $10, but not as much as 23&me.)

eta; ancestry charges $9.95 for shipping. . . . I'm buying it off amazon ($59)  because I get 5% back . . .

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 1

This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.

Verizon Wireless is running Black Friday deals on several Apple and Android productsthat might be right for you. Some sales end Friday and others on Sunday; plus, free in-store pickup and two-day shipping.

The Deals: (Restrictions apply) 

Apple

$400 off iPhone X, no trade-in required. You choose Space Gray or Silver and either 64GB or 256GB. The sale ends on Friday.

Get a 9.7-inch iPad for $99 with a new iPhone purchase. Sale ends Friday.

Or, save $260 on the retail price of the 9.7-inch iPad when you select a two-year agreement. Sale ends Friday.

Buy an Apple Watch and get $10 off your first month’s service, plus save an additional $150 when purchased with an iPhone.

Android

$400 off Google Pixel 3 XL, no trade-in required. Ends Friday.

$400 off Samsung Galaxy S9+, no trade-in required. Ends Friday.

$200 off Google Pixel 2 XL, no trade-in required. Ends Sunday.

$200 off LG G7 ThinQ™, no trade-in required. Ends Sunday.

50% off Google Pixel 3, no trade-in required. Ends Friday.

40% off Samsung Galaxy Note9, no trade-in required. Ends Friday.

40% off LG V40 ThinQ™, no trade-in required. Ends Friday.

Save $200 on select Android Tablets and Chromebook. Sale ends Friday.

Taken from the Points guy

21 hours ago, maize said:

I'm looking for an inexpensive robot vacuum--not a Roomba, hoping some of the cheaper ones will be on sale. Please let me know if you see a good deal!

I have seen some non-iRobot/Roomba vacs on sale on Amazon all week, at least it seems like it's been all week. Also, check Kohl's too. 

ETA: Here is a Shark robot vac. (NOT an affiliate link.)  If you play the Kohl's game, you might make out better by getting Kohl's cash.

Edited by Angie in VA
Added link
  • Like 1

We have returned from our Black Friday excursion to a Real Mall (of which we have none where we live). The mall is great for teen girls on Black Friday (great deals at Hollister, Am Eagle, Forever 21). But I'm also pretty happy with my Cuisinart food processor deal. The bowl of our 27 year old food processor is starting to crack, so I was hoping I might find one on sale. Macy's had the 11 cup Pro Custom one on sale for $79.99--about half price. At first all I saw was an 8 cup version for the same price or a 14 cup version for somewhere near $150. I was happy to find nice 11 cup version. Amazon's are all in the $150 range for similar right now.

• Like 2

Dick's Sporting Goods had this rowing machine priced at 25% off, and then everything is another 25% off today (Thursday). It was regularly $400, but I got it for $225 with free shipping! 

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/stamina-air-rowing-machine-17smpustmnrrwngmcmsc/17smpustmnrrwngmcmsc

Merry Christmas to me!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Amazon's annual book deal! Code NOVBOOK18 will take $5 off your printed book purchase of $20 or more. Valid through 11/25 at 11:59pm PST.

Thanks for this!  Both my husband and I used it, so good savings.

I hope they run another one before Christmas. 

• Like 1