Menu

just wondering if any of you have used R&S Remedial English workbooks to review.

I saw these at the Milestone Ministries website and wondered about the possibilitiy of using them periodically throughout high school as a means of reviewing grammar. Are they on the same difficulty level as the "regular" R&S grammar books (maybe intended for a student who is coming into the program late), or are they simplified (for a struggling student)? Anyone?

We used R&S English 3, 4, 5... then Easy Grammar... then BJU. I like all three; we need variety with a subject all my kids hate. (And I love LOL)

The workbooks are very basic and a teacher's answer key is available. I don't think you'd have to have done ANY of the R&S texts to review with them.

We've only done a few pages, but they are on the shelf to pull out anytime. At the price point (about $2 for a workbook and $2 for an answer key) it is worth buying.

You know, I think those workbooks would be PLENTY to actually teach grammar, not just review.

Hope this helps,

Pam L

We used R&S English 3, 4, 5... then Easy Grammar... then BJU. I like all three; we need variety with a subject all my kids hate. (And I love LOL)

The workbooks are very basic and a teacher's answer key is available. I don't think you'd have to have done ANY of the R&S texts to review with them.

We've only done a few pages, but they are on the shelf to pull out anytime. At the price point (about $2 for a workbook and $2 for an answer key) it is worth buying.

You know, I think those workbooks would be PLENTY to actually teach grammar, not just review.

Hope this helps,

Pam L

Thank you for your thoughts. EK & I are getting burned out on R&S English 7 -- only about 1/3 of the way through the book. At the very least, we need a break.