Menu

I am sick

Terabith

It feels like the flu...bad headache, fever, body aches, exhaustion.  Went to dr and was negative so she said it’s a flu like illness that’s going around.  I know I’ll get better, but I’m currently feverish and miserable.  I’m taking a couple classes I need to work on, but my head has just been too fuzzy to accomplish anything.  

However, I am realizing how much physical illness affects my emotions.  I’ve been anxious and depressed, but I realized the more I fight it, the more depressed I get.  When I give up and crawl into bed, my emotional state is less fragile.  Not exactly rocket science but a revelation.  

So I guess I’m going to try to give up, rest, drink fluids and try not to worry about all the things not getting done.  But I really hope it doesn’t last much longer.  

• Sad 2

Weren't you just sick a few months ago? I was thinking we were sick at the same time... I've been doing pretty well with my crazy asthma. I started this turmeric/curcumin stuff and it seems to be holding it in check. I haven't used any inhalers in 5 months now, which is amazing. 

The flu is going around early this year. Definitely take your C and probiotics and Sambucol and go to bed, sigh. Yeah, when you're sick is not the time to sort through anything important, that's for sure.

I hope you're better soon!

• Like 1

Yeah, I was sick in July.  I have a lousy immune system.  I take my vitamins and do all that good stuff, but I struggle to keep vitamin D high enough.  Counselor has a theory that either psych meds reduce immune system or the underlying depression/ anxiety weakens it.  It sucks, but it’s better than it used to be. I rarely am super sick.   Just annoyingly uncomfortable and need to go to bed with elderberry syrup sick.  Plus, I’m on the college campus a lot, and those people are always sick, which doesn’t help.  

Edited by Terabith

what has worked for me (and I've had a poor immune system for years.)

liposomal vitamin C (better absorbed) and echinachea.  every hour.   even skeptic dh has been won over.

and yogi throat comfort tea for sore throats.  and it is. so. yummy.

eta: i've been doing castor oil packs for my liver - and liver has more to do with immune system than I had realized.  so I think that has helped me too. it helps draw toxins into your system - drink plenty of clear liquids.  

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 1