Menu

What's with the ads?

Do you guys feel this way too? I feel like every year this thread reveals new wisdom, new lessons, for me. As a mom. Every year I see so much growth, new challenges, new anxieties but also new developments to celebrate. For me it is not just about 8- 9th grade. I learn something new from this thread every single year.

So grateful.

• Like 6

Man, oh, man.  Tears streaming down my face reading this.  I've spent all evening reading more about homeschooling high school and feeling overwhelmed.  And so sad.   My daughter is finishing up 7th grade and the high school threads have left me feeling unsure.  Then this thread.  It was just what I needed! 

So I'm going to bump for others, like myself, who are seeing high school coming at them full speed ahead.  

• Like 5

2019 bump for Nan's thread!   What a saving grace for me this morning, trying to pull things together over the summer, to rest and recover and thrive and catch up after a Very Difficult Year, heading into eighth for elder DS.  And now, particularly after this year, I'm feeling very good about having him do two years of 7th simply for maturity reasons, and about how much we had to retrench after his grandfather died at the end of his 4th grade year ... my sweet DS stills loves hours and hours of Legos and playing on the hillside.  But he's definitely starting to grow up. 

• Like 8

On 11/25/2008 at 6:39 AM, Nan in Mass said:

.  MODG even has a curriculum for it. I am glad we chose to do that because it made the bio much more applicable and useful and real.

What is MODG?