Menu

tea tree oil bar soap--substitute for Trader Joe's

kbutton

Trader Joe's discontinued their tea tree oil bar soap. Does anyone know of a nearly identical option?

I am bereft, and in a couple of weeks, will be visited with annoying amounts of visible and persistent acne (gotta love oily skin at 42). When I don't use this soap, I also look older, and my skin is just...ugly. This was my entire beauty routine.

I will no doubt also be blessed with dry skin. Somehow this soap removed just the right amount of oil but left me with enough that I rarely had to use lotion of any kind. It's magical stuff.

Help! 

If you are also bereft, please consider e-mailing TJ's along with me--the cashier said they sometimes bring back products if customers complain. 

1 minute ago, YaelAldrich said:

I've got 5 TJ's within 20 minutes of me that I can look at this week.  Did you try the liquid soap? My teens like it.

I am not sure which liquid soap you are referring to, but I can certainly check it out if you give me the name. We forgot a bag at checkout, so I have to go back sooner than later (it's a 3-4 times per year trip for us normally). I do use the tea tree oil shampoo (which also makes an excellent wash for lingerie too, BTW). 

2 minutes ago, kbutton said:

I am not sure which liquid soap you are referring to, but I can certainly check it out if you give me the name. We forgot a bag at checkout, so I have to go back sooner than later (it's a 3-4 times per year trip for us normally). I do use the tea tree oil shampoo (which also makes an excellent wash for lingerie too, BTW). 

Looks like this. Not this expensive in real life.  Smells good.

Trader Joe's Spa Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

• Like 1

9 hours ago, YaelAldrich said:

How many do you want?  Since I can get to so many stores easily (thanks TJ's! and Boston/Cambridge/Newton) I might be able to get quite a few.  Lemme know.

Up to a dozen packages (2 bars to a package), but anything gives me a bit of a buffer to try new options or for them to change their mind. ? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

Have you tried using Dove? I’m guessing it would be less effective on acne. If they discontinue their tea tree conditioner I’ll cry.

It's a good alternative for body soap, but it doesn't do the same things for my face (acne and soft, glowing skin). I do need to keep some on hand anyway though-- visiting family members use it, so I will give it another try. 

On 11/12/2018 at 9:18 AM, kbutton said:

Trader Joe's discontinued their tea tree oil bar soap. Does anyone know of a nearly identical option?

I am bereft, and in a couple of weeks, will be visited with annoying amounts of visible and persistent acne (gotta love oily skin at 42). When I don't use this soap, I also look older, and my skin is just...ugly. This was my entire beauty routine.

I will no doubt also be blessed with dry skin. Somehow this soap removed just the right amount of oil but left me with enough that I rarely had to use lotion of any kind. It's magical stuff.

Help! 

If you are also bereft, please consider e-mailing TJ's along with me--the cashier said they sometimes bring back products if customers complain. 

Noooooo... I hadn't heard this news.  We visit TJs every month or so, and TTO soap is always on our list.   Thanks for the heads up.  We'll certainly email them to bring it back!

• Like 1

I'm sorry! TJ's tea tree shampoo and conditioner are the only things I've found that got rid of my dandruff. That better not go too!

There are several tea tree bar soaps with good reviews on Amazon. Nothing priced as well as TJ's though. ?

Edited by IfIOnly