Menu

Chromebook...is this a good buy?

kfeusse

I was looking at an Acer Chromebook, but my husband just came across this one...it's from Lenovo...and I don't know anything about either one as far as is one better than another.  So, is this a good buy?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-2-in-1-11-6-touch-screen-chromebook-mt8173c-4gb-memory-32gb-emmc-flash-memory-blizzard-white/6296001.p?skuId=6296001

• Like 1

It could be, if you know the Pros and the Cons.  If you Google, limiting your search to WTM, there is at least one recent thread about Chromebooks.

Regarding the 2 manufacturers you mentioned:   Acer was not a brand I had much enthusiasm for, but approximately 3 years ago, my wife bought a mini Windows Laptop for DIL and as far as I know it has been trouble free.   LENOVO is THE giant in the PC business.  They bought the old IBM PC business.  I think our last Lenovo product finally died (an old CRT monitor) but it lasted a LONG time.  (Unrelated but maybe not, our cell phones are Motorolas. LENOVO owns Motorola Mobility).

If the prices and specs are similar I would go with LENOVO.  If there is more bang for the buck with the ACER, I would probably give that a shot.  I would buy brand new, directly from Amazon (not from an Amazon Seller), or from a large and reputable eBay Seller.  

1 hour ago, kfeusse said:

I was looking at an Acer Chromebook, but my husband just came across this one...it's from Lenovo...and I don't know anything about either one as far as is one better than another.  So, is this a good buy?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-2-in-1-11-6-touch-screen-chromebook-mt8173c-4gb-memory-32gb-emmc-flash-memory-blizzard-white/6296001.p?skuId=6296001

After my first response, I clicked on the link. That's a tiny display IMO.  I think the display on the mini Windows ACER laptop DIL has is about 12 inches. I would like to see at least 14 inches, which is what the Laptop I am using to write this has. A little bigger to carry around in a  backpack, but much easier on the eyes and a lot more real estate for the information to be displayed.