Menu

Saw the craziest thing - to laugh or cry?

Ann.without.an.e

A man driving down the road (fairly good speed), a whole rotisserie chicken in one of those take home trays in the left hand, a fork in the right (he was eating the chicken), and he was watching a TV show on his iPad that was strapped?  I guess? to his dash somehow.  Both of his hands were dealing with food so I guess he was using his knee?   I couldn't tell.  DS was driving and I was like "no freaking way" and then we eventually pulled beside him at a stoplight and I wasn't losing my mind after all.  What I thought I saw was exactly correct.  I have no idea how he was driving.  Every time I looked over his eyes were on the chicken or the iPad.  ?  That's all...I just had to tell someone.  Insane right?

Edited by Attolia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 3

That takes the cake! (Don’t tell him; he might find a way to suspend a cupcake from the ceiling so he can do that, too...) 

Usually the worst offenders I have seen for distracted driving have been people applying makeup and/or trying to style their hair while driving. 

• Haha 2

If I saw that while I was a passenger (or had another passenger in the car who could video while I was driving), I would have video'd the guy, video'd his license plate, and called the police. And if the police didn't get to him in time, I'd probably post the video on social media in the hope that at least he would be shamed into never doing it again. Just watching TV on an iPad while driving is incredibly dangerous (seriously, who does that???), but eating a whole chicken while watching TV while driving with no hands??? ? 

• Like 1

a local call-in radio show had a day for people to call in with the weirdest stuff they'd seen driving.   eating a bowl a cereal and steering with their knees.

just, no.   accident waiting to happen.  he'll be lucky if he doens't end up killing someone else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

Ok, so I am trying to get a picture here..

With your first sentence, I got the impression that he was riding some sort of bike or power wheelchair or something, down the side of the road.  Then you said strapped to his dash and I thought maybe a scooter or motorcycle.

Do you mean driving a regular car down the regular road?!?!?!?

Regular car, regular road

2 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

Ok, so I am trying to get a picture here..

With your first sentence, I got the impression that he was riding some sort of bike or power wheelchair or something, down the side of the road.  Then you said strapped to his dash and I thought maybe a scooter or motorcycle.

Do you mean driving a regular car down the regular road?!?!?!?

2 hours ago, texasmom33 said:

Yeah, on my first read I thought it was a bicycle, and I was super impressed, but then I read it again and saw dashboard and thought car, and that was scary. 

I corrected my wording.  I just had a difficult time typing driving. ???. He was behind the wheel and in front of a steering wheel but didn't seem to be .... driving. #scratchingmyhead

4 hours ago, texasmom33 said:

I don't know what it says about me that I'm fixated by the rotisserie chicken in this situation.

It is a super odd choice.  I mean, grab a hamburger or even fried chicken if you have to eat and drive.  I would have a hard time eating a whole chicken with a fork even if I weren't driving ?  It confuses the heck out of me that is for sure.