Menu

How do you tell the sweetest person in the world

lynn

To stop posting family photos and tagging me in them.  These are my school pictues, dance pictures, wedding pictures and other personal family photos that I don't want posted to the world.  It's my nephews wife who is doing this and I'm freaking out.   What words to this very sweet kind hearted going lady

5 minutes ago, Lang Syne Boardie said:

Nephew's wife? I would tell her that I do not want personal family photos of me or my children posted online. It's not rude, not even a little bit, to express that.

Okay. I messaged her to " please do not post or tag me or my family i n photos on facebook".         I hope she doesn't take it personally and just corrects it and not feel  bad about posting the pictures without asking first.   

• Like 3

What I told my picture-happy relative: "We've recently decided to reduce our online footprint/presence, which means we will be posting fewer pictures.  I hate making this awkward request, but I'd like you to no longer post pictures of me and my family on social media.  It's not just you, so please don't feel singled out! I'm making this request of everyone."  

When they agree to stop and then start apologizing and fretting about it, you reassure them that it's not them, it's you and you aren't upset in the slightest, but you simply wanted to get on top of this asap.  And then change the topic quickly to end the awkwardness.   

Also, change your facebook settings so that you have to approve anyone tagging you in photos.  My sister has poor boundaries and is a terrible photographer to boot. I can't stop her from posting idiotic pictures of me at age 14, but I *can* stop all of my current friends and co-workers from seeing her nonsense by disallowing her from tagging me. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, MissLemon said:

What I told my picture-happy relative: "We've recently decided to reduce our online footprint/presence, which means we will be posting fewer pictures.  I hate making this awkward request, but I'd like you to no longer post pictures of me and my family on social media.  It's not just you, so please don't feel singled out! I'm making this request of everyone."  

When they agree to stop and then start apologizing and fretting about it, you reassure them that it's not them, it's you and you aren't upset in the slightest, but you simply wanted to get on top of this asap.  And then change the topic quickly to end the awkwardness.   

Also, change your facebook settings so that you have to approve anyone tagging you in photos.  My sister has poor boundaries and is a terrible photographer to boot. I can't stop her from posting idiotic pictures of me at age 14, but I *can* stop all of my current friends and co-workers from seeing her nonsense by disallowing her from tagging me. 

Oh I understand.  She got a bunch of pictures from my mom and started scanning and tagging. AS "husbands family"  My life was flashing across facebook....so to speak.  She apologized for offending me.    She didn't offend but should have checked with me.  Some pictures should be hidden away in a shoe box on the top shelf of a closet kwim

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lynn said:

Oh I understand.  She got a bunch of pictures from my mom and started scanning and tagging. AS "husbands family"  My life was flashing across facebook....so to speak.  She apologized for offending me.    She didn't offend but should have checked with me.  Some pictures should be hidden away in a shoe box on the top shelf of a closet kwim

Oh yes.  My former boss does not need to see a picture of me in a swimsuit, eating pie. I don't want to share that with people!  Why does that picture exist in the first place?!

Sister didn't seem to understand what the big deal was! "But it's fun!"  NO. 

Gah!  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Is she taking down and/or untagging the pictures that were already up?

Yes and she felt bad about it.  I told her I'm not offended or mad but I am very particular and cautious what I put on facebook.  There are some professional photos of my siblings and I but I am not tagged and only family and close friends we grew up with will know who's who.

• Like 1