1. 1. Have you voted / Do you plan to?

• Yes (in person and/or today)
    • Yes (absentee or ahead of time)
    • No, but I plan to
    • No (Can't or don't plan to)
    • No (not US or not eligible)
    • Obligatory kilt, kitten, cupcake "other" option

11 minutes ago, heartlikealion said:

actively puking? As in, were contagious and/or going to puke at the polls? I think I would have thrown in the towel and stayed home. 

Actively puking as in had thrown up several times throughout the day and were each holding a bucket.  To minimize exposure I walked them in and immediately sat them in a row against a wall away from everyone.  Then I voted quickly - the whole process took about 5 minutes.  Obviously it would have been perfectly safe and better for everyone for them to sit in the car for those 5 minutes instead of getting dragged through the pouring rain into a church filled with elderly poll volunteers, but with that many people coming and going in the parking lot, I wasn't willing to risk a concerned citizen calling the police about the unattended children. 

I refuse to give up my right to vote just because my state makes it very difficult.  There was a proposal on the ballet today to allow anyone to absentee vote for any reason...or for no reason other than personal preference.  By hook or by crook I was determined to make it to the polls to vote wholeheartedly for that initiative.

Wendy

• Like 8

I am astonished at how strongly you all feel about the stickers.

And yes - I voted. Dragged myself there in the rain, sick and feeling miserable. No lines for any other district but mine... and somehow, everybody had a name that fell between A-M, none of them N-Z. (My name starts with a B.)

Still, I went, I saw, I voted.

• Like 1

Well, you have a rough estimate of your lifespan. Buy that many "I voted" stickers now, and dole one out to yourself every year! (I also give myself a lollipop every time I get my flu shot. Actually, I give it to the pharmacist and ask them to give it to me.)

Edited by Tanaqui
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Would anyone be snarky about people in another country proudly showing their inked finger or other sign of "I voted"?  Those of us who appreciate the sticker as a sign are not needing a pat on the head.  It is very symbolic to me and I love seeing the variety of people sharing "I voted".

• Like 3

Apparently a community near me has banned the stickers, so now some polling places pass out bracelets. I don’t know what kind of bracelets, but it seems silly to have a sticker law! They probably spent more passing the law than just buying some stickers.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TCB said:

There were some strange amendments/proposals on our ballot. I saw this on facebook that made me laugh:

"Not sure how,  but I think I just voted to pay bingo volunteers minimum wage to smoke pot on the highways"

Oh my goodness, the bingo amendment made me laugh.  I have no idea how I voted on that because I still can't make heads or tails of it.  I can't say I spend enough time hanging out in bingo halls to make an informed decision.  I've been once... being surrounded by smokers on oxygen tanks scared me a bit.

And a couple of those marijuana proposals:  "So we're gonna legalize and tax medical marijuana.  It'll probably cost $10 million, but we might make $10 million.   And with that $0, this state will cure cancer!"   Sounded like an answer to a beauty pageant question.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BarbecueMom said:

Oh my goodness, the bingo amendment made me laugh.  I have no idea how I voted on that because I still can't make heads or tails of it.  I can't say I spend enough time hanging out in bingo halls to make an informed decision.  I've been once... being surrounded by smokers on oxygen tanks scared me a bit.

Oh, man, I'm so happy to read this -- I had NO CLUE what was going on with that bingo amendment! And considering how many other ballot issues seemed worthy of attention (not to mention all the judges), I really didn't take the time to understand it. I just skipped it and didn't vote on it.

Dh's comment while filling out his mail-in absentee last week was along the lines of, "Why are they bothering us with this?  Isn't this why we send representatives to Jeff City? To figure this stuff out for us?"

• Like 3