Menu

The Not in My Plans Teachers Lounge 11-5-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning and welcome to the Lounge!

So...did all you regulars miss me, again? Yeah, well, it's a bit difficult to open the Lounge from my hospital bed. Yep, you read that right, I was in the hospital. For five days.
Definitely not in my plans. Possible cardiac issues but still not 100% sure. They let me go because the medication they began in the hospital seems to be helping. Need to follow
up with a couple of doctors, wear an event monitor (aka heart monitor) for four weeks, and not drive until that's done and I've met with the cardiologist. Came home yesterday. And this
morning, was woken up at 0430 to the sounds of my 14yo ds being very sick. *sigh* Just can't seem to catch a break lately. Anyway, on to more exciting news . . . 

What are YOU up to today? Here: it will be recovery day, for all of us.

Anything happen to you that wasn't in your plans? Here: see above.

Who has cute pictures of their animals they'd like to post? Here: I would but I still haven't figured out how to do that here. 

Talk to me! ?

• Sad 3

Oh man Scrap, I am so sorry.  I bet it is so good to be home today after 5 days in the hospital.  I never could sleep very well in the hospital.  I hope they figure out what was wrong so you can get some answers.    Sending some more hugs to your dd.  I hope she recovers quickly. 

I feel like our plans are always changing to fit the needs and wants of the kids, so I am always on my toes.  We are switching it up and adding another night of dance for the kids on one of our only free days.  In high busy season with Nutcracker practice and shows.  I hope I make it through.  Ha ha

Edited by mommyoffive
  • Like 1

ETA:  Thought I should put in a warning about the pet pictures. They came in HUGE and since they are some that people may find creepy, crawly or scary, you may want to be ready before scrolling down.

Do you run a Facebook page about homeschooling (in a somewhat inappropriate way)?

I hope everyone is feeling much better very soon.

This week I'm cleaning, planning classes and doing some tutoring, since I'm off between 8 week sessions.  I'm trying to have a plan for each day - 1 hour at science center cleaning, 1 hour at  science center working on class plans (I have bigger tables there so it's easier to look through books and type into computer), 1 hour at home cleaning, 1 hour at home working on plans.  That should be mostly doable.  I think.

The next session won't be too bad though because I'm off a week at Thanksgiving and two weeks at Christmas.  

I attached pics of my cute pets. 

20180313_100241.jpg

20180513_154146.jpg

IMG_3627.JPG

cockroaches.jpg

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear about your hospital stay Scrap! I hope the medication helps and they find the final cause definitively. {{{}}}

Nothing much happening here. DH took a relaxing weekend, the first in maybe 6 months. We watched movies and shared videos and talked and just generally spent time together. 10/10 would do again, but I didn't do my school prep or my regular cleaning or the final grocery trip so today feels a little hectic trying to get everyone on task, lol. 

Sorry you've been in the hospital, Scrap. Hope things have settled down now and you are on the way to figuring out exactly what the issues are. Glad you are back home again, and hope your dd is feeling better soon, too! 

What is life like wearing the heart monitor? I'm going to be one for 2 weeks. I'll be able to drive, though. Do you wear it in the shower? What happens if the shower is a place of potential heart issues due to temperature changes or what not? 

I am sorry about the hospital, Scrap.  I am glad that the medicine is helping you.

My dd has worn heart monitors multiple times.  The pads that the electrodes attach to stay on even in the shower but you do take the electrical parts off.  My dd found that she had to request special pads because she is allergic to the adhesive on the most common kind.  They were very good about providing those. 

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am sorry about the hospital, Scrap.  I am glad that the medicine is helping you.

My dd has worn heart monitors multiple times.  The pads that the electrodes attach to stay on even in the shower but you do take the electrical parts off.  My dd found that she had to request special pads because she is allergic to the adhesive on the most common kind.  They were very good about providing those. 

That's a really good point about the adhesive. I have some allergy issues there, too. I'll have to see what options are available.

Thanks, mommyoffive.

Toto, the first couple of pictures made me smile. Snakes are amazing! The hissing cockroach, not so much! LOL

wintermom, not sure yet. My understanding is that I'll be able to take it off to take a shower. The temperature change is not likely to cause cardiac concerns
in me, thankfully.

Jean, LOVE those pics! Thanks!

scholastica, thanks for chiming in and thanks for the well wishes! Sorry about the allergies! ?