Menu

transfer application: send optional info from high school?

cave canem

One of mine transferred after freshman year at a 4-year, and even though she had sophomore standing because of CC credits, the new university still wanted her high school transcript, because they said she was just one year out from her high school graduation date.  They are also not particularly homeschool friendly and I actually had to remind them of some recent positive changes they'd made to their homeschool admissions that the transfer office wasn't familiar with in order to smooth her way.

But... my other dd will be transferring to the same university after completing an AS at the CC through the official state CC->university program.  They tell me they will not want her transcript even though her high school graduation date is even closer to her transfer.  I did make one, but I won't send it unless they ask for it.

My son did not send any of his high school information to the school he transferred to.  They didn’t want it and it was a good thing to leave behind.  If it makes any difference, he was filling out the transfer application as a seventeen year old and they still didn’t care about his high school information.  I think they did care about his ACT results, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming in late, but my son's transferring now and his school wants the home school/high school transcript *once admitted as a transfer* but otherwise, no. Odd, but okay. They've not asked about test scores, though that's dependent on how many college hours he's transferring in. The high school transcript requirement is for all admitted transfers, though. So odd. (he's transferring in 65 hours or something....basically, but for the phys ed, he would have his AS, just didn't choose to do so....)

Meanwhile now I'm sorting out do I send it with the 2016 signature, or print and sign a new one to send.......

• Like 1