Menu

Here we go again .... Have you encountered a unique gift? Post it here..

Kareni

just found this etsy shop with funny shirts, hoodies and mugs.  I'm going to get this one for my tiny adult dd

https://www.etsy.com/listing/564261624/underestimate-me-thatll-be-fun-unisex?ref=user_profile  (underestimate me shirt)

I kind of want the "easily distracted by birds" shirt...and I'm considering the "sloth mode on" sweatshirt for ds  🙂 They have some good pun shirts too. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hen said:

just found this etsy shop with funny shirts, hoodies and mugs. 

Thanks for sharing the link, Hen; they do indeed have some great stuff.

I think my daughter (who minored in Geology in college) would like this one:  I May Be Gneiss But Don't Take Me For Granite

I like this one Coffee, Books & Oxford Commas Shirt  (but need to find a chocolate version!)  and this one I'm So Adjective, I Verb Noun Hoodie

and this one  I Tell Bad Jokes Because All The Good Ones...

My husband, who teaches math, would appreciate this one: Numerator And Denominator shirt

Regards,
Kareni

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Recopying this here from another thread:

1 hour ago, Margaret in CO said:

My oldest has a bracelet made from hair from her last dressage horse. He won't last through the winter. The bracelet was worn out, after being worn 24/7, so I had it remade from a new tail cutting. And I had matching earrings made! And I had just a bit of hair left from the mare we lost to the mountain lion and had a bracelet made for my youngest. There wasn't enough to make the flat braid I'd hoped for, so it's thin, but it's pretty! If you're looking for a unique gift, look at IM SIlver! https://www.imsilver.com/

DSC_6156-855x267.jpg

Regards,
Kareni

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lynn said:

Maybe not unique but something I gave my husband years ago and we use all the time.  A towel warmer.  Nothing like a dry warm towel when you get out of the shower.  If we remember we put our pajamas on it.

I once lived in an old house with steam heaters which I would use to warm towels, pajamas, and clothes.  Ahh!  I did learn to be cautious when metal fasteners were involved as those could get HOT!  A towel warmer sounds like a great gift, lynn; thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Kareni

4 hours ago, importswim said:

They are SO cute! I got one for each of my kiddos for their stockings. Thanks so much for sharing!

You're welcome! I can't wait for dd to see it. Even though she's getting a couple of big ticket items this year, I hope this will be a fun little surprise. I thought about getting a pre-made one, but I think she will love getting to make it herself. What colors did you pick?

• Like 2

On 11/24/2018 at 9:41 PM, Kareni said:

Oh my gosh, the Jane Austen hat for cats is amazing. 

I mean, the Pyro Pet candles were cool and have been added to to the list of possible gifts, as has the Scrubba Wash bag, but that hat was absolutely life changing -- cat millinery, what a niche.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2018 at 1:53 PM, PeachyDoodle said:

I am getting dd this cute little mini shoulder dragon felting kit. It comes with a magnetic strip to hold the dragon on your shoulder. ?

And thanks from me too. I ordered one for my 20yo dd & I think she will love it. (I got her a mini one in olive and gray.)

She has a friend who is crafty & and the friend's birthday is in January; I am guessing dd may want to get one for her friend once she sees her little dragon.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Stacia said:

And thanks from me too. I ordered one for my 20yo dd & I think she will love it. (I got her a mini one in olive and gray.)

She has a friend who is crafty & and the friend's birthday is in January; I am guessing dd may want to get one for her friend once she sees her little dragon.

I hope she loves it! And the seller was super nice, so I am extra happy to have sent some more business her way! 😄

• Like 2

Some funny shirts from the Signals catalog:

For your Latin student ~ Vita Brevis ...  Life Is Short, Eat the Donut Shirts

Surely not Everyone was Kung Fu Fighting Shirts

We gave this one to our daughter ~  "The Only Thing We Have to Fear...

plus  Do you have a Mary Poppins fan? ~ Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Cuff Bracelet

Regards,
Kareni
  • Like 2

On 11/26/2018 at 6:41 PM, PeachyDoodle said:

You're welcome! I can't wait for dd to see it. Even though she's getting a couple of big ticket items this year, I hope this will be a fun little surprise. I thought about getting a pre-made one, but I think she will love getting to make it herself. What colors did you pick?

I got the emerald green with gold highlights, the gray with teal highlights, and the red with gold highlights. I thought that I would get one too and we could work on our own at the same time as a group activity! They absolutely LOVE dragon books and I think they're going to flip out!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, stephanier.1765 said:

I wish I could get the patterns for these hoop arts. They would make the perfect Christmas gifts for my son's girlfriend but I woould enjoy making them instead of buying them done.

Here are some patterns for other Harry Potter works ~

one

two

three

If you Google 'Free printable harry potter cross stitch patterns', you'll get  ... (ahem) ... a few results.

Regards,
Kareni

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 9:00 AM, heartlikealion said:

What a nifty hat!  Thanks for sharing the link, heartlikealion.

Regards,
Kareni

1 hour ago, heartlikealion said:

I ended up ordering a tissue box cover (paper mache) I will paint for ds instead of the picture cube one. I want to make it a Cuphead theme. He’s getting some other Cuphead items. Ebay had the item plus a code for $5 off. I paid like 45 cents!! Lol 

Yay!  A unique gift and a bargain ... I'm impressed.  (This is where I also show my ignorance and admit to not knowing Cuphead.)

Regards,
Kareni

• Like 1

Posted in another thread ~

11 hours ago, MercyA said:

I just bought a felt Christmas ornament from this shop for a friend and am very happy with it. There are also lots of neat digital prints to be found there, including homeschooling related quotes. You can print them as photos online or in a store or on a good color printer and then put them in a pretty frame.

Regards,
Kareni

• Like 1

4 hours ago, heartlikealion said:

I don’t need to buy more for the grandparents but I stumbled on this. It’s so cute! Might help someone. On the main page revolving banner there’s a free shipping code. 

Grandma’s “deer” ones with deer that represent the grandkids. Amazon has a similar shirt as well. This one can be personalized for buck and doe. 

https://www.giftsforyounow.com/deer-ones-personalized-t-shirt-39877x.aspx?product=nooption

That does look like a fun gift, heartlikealion!  Thanks for posting the link.

Regards,
Kareni

• Like 1

I thought I'd mention an item that we've enjoyed over the years that some might consider a unique gift.

Metal and Glass Winelights (I don't recommend the ceramic winelights as we've had several crack over the years.)

We've also had success with this brand: Oenophilia Afterglow Bottle Wick - Brass

and here's a deal on a four pack:    Oenophilia Afterglow Bottle Wick - Brass , Set of 4

These enable you to convert a bottle into an oil lamp.  Since wine bottles might be prone to tipping, I favor using squatter, wider bottles.  We fill those bottles half full of glass marbles to give them greater stability.  Sometimes the opening of bottles might be a little too large for a winelight; in that case, my husband uses a metal washer on top of the opening.

Regards,
Kareni

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1