Menu

s/o Bad Horror Movies

Lady Florida.

This thread was inspired by the Name That Movie thread @avbprincess started. I followed the link to the trailer when she found the movie she was asking about. In case you missed it, here it is in all its terrible glory. ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsbLj5EXeO0

That got me thinking about the bad horror movies I've seen over the years and I immediately knew which was the worst. When I was in high school back in the stone age, there was a drive-in that showed horror movies every weekend. I think that's all it was showing by then - horror movies, and not good ones. Anyway, my friends and I used to go just to laugh and make fun of them, way before Mystery Science Theater 3000 even existed. The worst one ever was called Frogs, which I'll link at the end of the post. When dh and I were dating, having both grown up in the area we talked about the old drive in and discovered we had both seen that movie! It's even quite possible we were there at the same time since it probably was only shown a short time. It comes up in conversation every now and then. It was truly the worst horror flick I've ever seen. Also, I was surprised to see that Sam Elliot was in it. I'm pretty sure he's done his best to forget that part of his career. ?

Do you have a really bad horror movie story? A link to a trailer or synopsis? Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Haha 1

I am really not into horror films AT ALL, but my dad once got me to watch the (sanitized TV version) of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Does that count?  ?

He tried to get me to watch "Return of Killer Tomatoes" but I suddenly remember that I had math homework to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember one summer my sister got interested in watching all those B-grade horror movies they used to play on TV at some odd midnight hour. I never did like horror, but I remember she watched many and one was called Kingdom of the Spiders. There was also the famous The Blob. Those were all based on the same general idea of some natural situation turned menacing and taking over the world. I think the end of Kingdom panned off, showing the whole landscape as one giant spider web/cocoon. ?

The two horror/thrill drama movies I did watch that scared the snot out of me for literal weeks were Silence of the Lambs and the movie Seven. The movie Seven especially got to me because the detective played by Brad Pitt was, at the time, a doppleganger for my dh. He resembled Pitt quite a lot at the time, but in that movie, the character even resembled him more with his attitude and mannerisms. It was so dang creepy! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Junie said:

I am really not into horror films AT ALL, but my dad once got me to watch the (sanitized TV version) of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Does that count?  ?

He tried to get me to watch "Return of Killer Tomatoes" but I suddenly remember that I had math homework to do.

That counts! ? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

The Blair Witch Project.  My friends and I were so excited to see it as one of us knew one of the guys who worked on it.  What a letdown.  How it was rated highly, I will never get. 

I've never seen it. Now it's too late. I think if you didn't see it when it came out and the concept was still new, it wouldn't have the same effect on you. 

3 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

I've never seen it. Now it's too late. I think if you didn't see it when it came out and the concept was still new, it wouldn't have the same effect on you. 

Even then, the only thing I got from the movie was the one girl had a lot of snot.  Lol.  I really think it was a movie you got if you were high. 

• Haha 2

Dh and I once accidentally caught the beginning of a movie on tv called Bad Moon. We sort of kept flipping back to marvel at the awfulness and ended up watching the entire atrocious thing ? it was something about werewolves, very b grade.

There was also the zombie sheep movie from new Zealand, but that was more intentionally bad/funny.

I wanted to watch John Dies At The End because the book was hilariously absurd - I'm sure that would be a terrible movie too. ?

• Like 1

Worst I ever saw was the Hand Of Manos.  DS and I saw it again on MST3K and it was just as bad as I remembered, but with the added bonus of him roaring right there along with me.

Second worst was this movie filmed in and around my hometown: The Night Of The Scarecrow.  It is so bad...I think made worse because I know all these places.

8 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

Worst I ever saw was the Hand Of Manos.  DS and I saw it again on MST3K and it was just as bad as I remembered, but with the added bonus of him roaring right there along with me.

Torgo!!!   I love how bad that movie is!

• Like 1

My parents took me to the drive in when I was in preschool to see "The Children" about a bus full of kids that drive through evil fog that turns them all into demons. When they touch their parents the parents melt or catch on fire. To kill these kids they have to chop off their arms. It was horrifying as a child but I rewatched it as a teen and it was so cheesy. Just one of the worst movies I have seen.