Menu

Robot vacuum recommendation needed

MEmama

We are looking at buying MIL a robotic vacuum/mop since she's recently broken her arm and FIL is useless at housework. I think they have already hired a cleaning service to help out, but she would appreciate being able to get things clean in between housekeeping visits.

We'd like it be able to both vacuum as well as mop, and ideally it would be programmable and have a dock, so she wouldn't have to bend down or worry about tripping over it. If it's quiet there will be less for FIL to complain about.

Recommendations? 

• 4 months later...

I've been looking into getting the vacuum/mop in one as well, since most of the times, there'd be dirt that can only be removed by a wet mop. We're on a Roomba now - it can only vacuum. I found ilife quite interesting, i've been looking it up for a few weeks now.  it can mop too. The only thing I didn't like about it is that there are some reviews saying the water from the tank can spill when it does its wet mop thing. I'm not an expert though, but I hope this can help here. I've looked into some vacuums that can mop but only few can do wet mopping. I've been looking into getting the vacuum/mop in one as well, since most of the times, there'd be dirt that can only be removed by a wet mop. We're on a Roomba now - it can only vacuum. I found ilife quite interesting, i've been looking it up for a few weeks now.  it can mop too. The only thing I didn't like about it is that there are some reviews saying the water from the tank can spill when it does its wet mop thing. I'm not an expert though, but I hope this can help here. I've looked into some vacuums that can mop but only few can do wet mopping. 

Are their floors clean enough that nothing will tangle in brushes and that it won’t need debris receptacle emptying (nor water fill for mop) between visits from cleaning service?  Or would fil do those if needed since work with robot is more fun than “housework”?

If not, then key feature imo would be which can be dealt with one-handed, and mine (vacuum only) cannot.

Edited by Pen