Menu

Anyone hear know the Huntsville, AL area?

Faith-manor

My son in law was just offered a really, really good job. He'll be working for Northrop Grumman.

They are looking to rent a house, but of course none of us know the neighborhoods. They would like something fairly convenient to work (213 Wynn Dr NW), but quiet...trees, not too far from parks or other pre-school age friendly activities. They have a three year old.

We are very excited. I have been referring to my grandson as "rocket boy" all day! LOL

• Like 2

Madison is a great area and good schools.  There are several churches that have mothers day out programs.    I have lived in harvest/ Monrovia for over 20 years.  We really like the schools and community.  The traffic going into research park, where most companies are located, has its.moments no matter where you are coming from.    Let me know if you have specific questions.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

My son in law was just offered a really, really good job. He'll be working for Northrop Grumman.

They are looking to rent a house, but of course none of us know the neighborhoods. They would like something fairly convenient to work (213 Wynn Dr NW), but quiet...trees, not too far from parks or other pre-school age friendly activities. They have a three year old.

We are very excited. I have been referring to my grandson as "rocket boy" all day! LOL

One of the things I did when my boys were little was purchase a museum membership at the space and rocket center.  They loved visiting the space and rocket center  and seeing the different exhibits that came throug h.

• Like 1

Southeast Huntsville is great.  For commuting to Wynn, it is actually much faster from SE Huntsville.  We are close to downtown with Big Spring Park, John Hunt Park, etc.  There are a lot of parks in Huntsville.  There are Mom and me groups here too.  There is one Episcopal church in Downtown ( beautiful, pre Civil War) and two in South Huntsville.  There are also a number of houses to rent that I see driving around (and I am sure many more I don't see in my drives).   

I was born and raised here, and we still live here.  

There are tons of secular homeschooling activities.  Huntsville STEAMworks has been a great resource for us.  The Botanical Gardens here are good as well as the Space Center, of course.  

We live outside the city limits in the Ryland area.  We like it here, but it’s 15-20 minute drive to get most places.  I think they’d like either South Huntsville or Madison.  Feel free to pm me if they’ve got any further questions. 

PS- regarding cover schools - they aren’t actually required anymore.  We aren’t using one. 

• Like 1

I have lived in Huntsville for 18 years!

I was a secular homeschooler for three years; ds15 now attends a private school in HSV. There is at least one secular homeschool group here, and while many of the co-ops and activity groups are church or faith-based, many do not require a statement of faith. 

https://www.rocketcitymom.com/homeschooling-resources-in-huntsville/